Senior Accountant Job, Current Kenyan Accounting Jobs,
Job Grade CASB 5 (CASB 23/8/2021) – 1
Basic Salary: Kshs. 87,360
House Allowance: Kshs. 21,000
Other Allowance: Kshs. 12,000
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating Preparation and submission of the monthly, quarterly and annual Financial Reports to relevant government agencies;
- Processing payments through IFMIS;
- Coordinating the preparation and submission of reconciliation reports to the relevant government
- Coordinating the payment process in the County Assembly;
- Enforce compliance with County Assembly’s internal controls for all
- Verifying entries on books of accounts;
- Reviewing draft audit responses;
- Verifying entries on the fixed assets register;
- Drafting departmental procurement requisitions;
- Identifying departmental training needs based on performance appraisal reports;
- Drafting departmental budget proposal; and
- Mentoring and coaching
Requirements for Appointment
- Minimum of Four (4) years’ experience in the relevant field;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Commerce (Accounting/Finance option), Finance, Economics, Business Administration (Accounting/Finance option), Business Management(Accounting/Finance option), or any other equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Commerce (Accounting/Finance option), Finance, Economics, Business Administration (Accounting/Finance option), Business Management(Accounting/Finance option), or any other equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Part III of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA-K) Examination;
- Certificate in a Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Membership with Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) and in good standing;
- Proficiency in computer application skills;
- Demonstrated managerial, administrative and professional competence in work
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who meet the specifications are requested to forward their applications with copies of academic and professional testimonials, and national identity cards.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their academic and professional testimonials, National identity card, and clearance from, EACC, KRA, DCI, HELB, and CRB.
Please note that:
1. Candidates should NOT attach original documents to the applications.
2. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
3. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
All applications should indicate clearly the position applied for and the advert number on the top corner of the envelope addressed to;
The Secretary County Assembly Service Board
County Assembly of Bungoma
P.O Box 1886 – 50200,
Or Via Email [email protected]
Or, be hand-delivered to the Human Resource Management Office Room 10 AT THE Main County Assembly Building.
All Applications Should be received no later than 23rd September 2021. THE COUNTY ASSEMBLY OF BUNGOMA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.