Research Officer I Job, Current County Government Job Vacancies in Kenya,
Job Grade CASB 6(CASB /18/8/2021) – 1 Post
Basic Salary: 56,370
House Allowance: Kshs. 18,000
Other Allowance: Kshs. 8,000
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing non-partisan professional research assistance and analysis to Members, Committees and staff of County Assembly;
- Initiating and conduct anticipatory research and analysis on key policy issues;
- Providing expert interpretation, explanation and analysis, including assessing the strength and weaknesses of policy options;
- Maintaining a periodically updated inventory of publications on current issues, legislation and major public policy issues/questions;
- Ensure quality control in the preparation of research papers, briefing notes and particular points of view;
- Providing back up to County Assembly
- Generating and disseminating research information to enhance County Assembly core functions – Law making, oversight and
- Providing researched analytical information and facts to the Legislature with a view to contribute towards enhanced constitutional principle of separation of power;
- Carrying out research and assemble sectoral data, and information on comparative aspects of Assembly practice and procedure; evolution, growth and contemporary aspects of the County Assembly;
- Undertaking legislative research and public policy analysis to generate policy briefs and options to sustain evidence-informed decision making in the legislature; and
- Building a credible data bank for reference and timely response to County Assembly’s information
Requirements for Appointment
- minimum experience of three (3) years in the relevant field;
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Social Sciences, Economics or its equivalent from a recognized Institution;
- An understanding of parliamentary process and a sensitivity to the research and policy analysis needs of the County Assembly; and
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and
- Meet with the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya,
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who meet the specifications are requested to forward their applications with copies of academic and professional testimonials, and national identity cards.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their academic and professional testimonials, National identity card, and clearance from, EACC, KRA, DCI, HELB, and CRB.
Please note that:
1. Candidates should NOT attach original documents to the applications.
2. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
3. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
All applications should indicate clearly the position applied for and the advert number on the top corner of the envelope addressed to;
The Secretary County Assembly Service Board
County Assembly of Bungoma
P.O Box 1886 – 50200,
Or Via Email [email protected]
Or, be hand-delivered to the Human Resource Management Office Room 10 AT THE Main County Assembly Building.
All Applications Should be received no later than 23rd September 2021. THE COUNTY ASSEMBLY OF BUNGOMA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.