Principal Fiscal Analyst Job, Current Finance Kenyan Vacancies September 2021,
Job Grade CASB 4 (CASB 39/8/2021) – 1
Basic Salary: Kshs. 99,900
House Allowance: Kshs. 21,000 Other Allowance: Kshs. 14,000
Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall supervision of the staff in the department;
- Providing overall guidance including timelines in the preparation and analysis of budget information for the County Assembly Committees;
- Providing the framework for assessment of County government strengths and weaknesses to guide review of budget policy options;
- Coordinating the preparation of the departmental annual work plans;
- Approving draft quarterly plans for the Finance Committee;
- Approving briefs and reports for presentation to the County Assembly committees and other stakeholders;
- Overall review of budget documents including quality assurance and professionalism in output;
- Liaising with the County Treasury in preparation of the Appropriation bill to ensure the resolutions of the Assembly are incorporated;
- Monitoring the budgetary process to ensure compliance with the PFM Act, 2012;
- Coordinating inter-departmental relations to facilitate committee briefings, public participation, analyses of bills and plenary matters;
- Ensuring maintenance of relevant statistics on County Government debt levels, county revenues and expenditures;
- Providing framework for conducting analysis to determine the risks emanating from debt sustainability ratios and propose relevant fiscal policies;
- Representing the County Assembly in engagements with the County Treasury and other relevant government institutions on budget oversight;
- Providing framework on technical analysis of revenue raising laws and revenue forecasting so as to give alternate information on possible revenue collections;
- Reviewing and approving reports on assessment of financial and economic implications of all motions and Bills before submission to the Clerk and the Finance Committee;
- Providing framework for review of budget estimates for various County Government sectors by the County Assembly Committees;
- Approving training manuals and presentations for Capacity building of Members and relevant staff of the County Assembly on budget matters;
- Certifying that the Appropriations Bills and Supplementary Appropriations Bills meet tenets of clarity, accuracy and consistency of amounts to be allocated to various sectors including the County Assembly;
- Reviewing and certifying reports on County Integrated Development Plan(CIDP), County Fiscal Strategy Paper (CFSP), Annual Development Plan (ADP), budget estimates, supplementary estimates, Bills and any other document referred to the Finance Committee;
- Advising the Clerk, committees of the County Assembly and MCAs on all matters relevant to legislative budget oversight;
- Overseeing the implementation of departmental training plan;
- Preparation of departmental work plan, budget proposals and procurement plans; and
- Mentoring and coaching
Requirements for Appointment
- Minimum experience of (five) 5 years in the relevant field and on a managerial position ;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – Economics, Statistics, Mathematics or any other equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – Economics, Statistics or any other equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Certificate in Senior Management Course lasting not less than six (4) weeks from a recognized institution
- Knowledge of the public sector budget process and fiscal policy;
- Knowledge of the Constitution, relevant laws and legislations governing public finance;
- Flair of parliamentary practices and procedure;
- Proficiency in econometric modelling, statistical analysis and use of spread sheets;
- Proficiency in computer application skills;
- Demonstrated managerial, administrative and professional competence in work performance; and
- Meet with the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who meet the specifications are requested to forward their applications with copies of academic and professional testimonials, and national identity cards.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their academic and professional testimonials, National identity card, and clearance from, EACC, KRA, DCI, HELB, and CRB.
Please note that:
1. Candidates should NOT attach original documents to the applications.
2. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
3. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
All applications should indicate clearly the position applied for and the advert number on the top corner of the envelope addressed to;
The Secretary County Assembly Service Board
County Assembly of Bungoma
P.O Box 1886 – 50200,
Or Via Email [email protected]
Or, be hand-delivered to the Human Resource Management Office Room 10 AT THE Main County Assembly Building.
All Applications Should be received no later than 23rd September 2021. THE COUNTY ASSEMBLY OF BUNGOMA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.