Principal Clerk Assistant Job, Legal Job Vacancies in Kenya 2021,
Job Grade CASB 4 -Legislative, Procedural and Chamber Services (CASB 3/8/2021) – 1 Post
Basic Salary: Kshs. 99,900
House Allowance: Kshs. 21,000
Other Allowance: Kshs. 14,000
Duties and Responsibilities
- Overseeing the functions and operations of the Legislative and Procedural Services functions;
- Coordinating the preparation of the departmental annual work plans;
- Implementing strategic objectives of the Legislative and Procedural Services functions;
- Coordinating the development of Strategic Plans for each Committee under the department;
- Facilitating legislative and procedural research as relates to management and operations of Assembly to develop a repository of information on the Assembly and comparable jurisdictions for use by Members of County Assembly, and the public;
- Responsible for linkages between the various Assembly leadership offices to ensure proper coordination and flow of Assembly business;
- Approving briefs for conveyance of all decisions arrived at by the Assembly to the County Executive and other relevant implementing agencies;
- Supervising the preparation of and reviewing draft considered rulings for issuance by the Speaker;
- Ensuring the accuracy and timely filing and scheduling of Motions, Papers, Statements, Bills and amendments thereof, Reports, Petitions and Budget documents;
- Coordinating performance appraisal for the staff working within the Department;
- Overseeing implementation of risk management policies and plans including related action plans within the Department;
- Ensuring safe custody of Table and Committee journals for posterity;
- Coordinating the drafting, reviewing, translation and preparation of major Parliamentary publications including the Standing Orders, Committee Management Manuals, and Members Handbooks;
- Advising the Speaker and other Presiding Officers and Members of County Assembly on County Assembly procedure and practices;
- Supervising the production and forwarding of requisite legislative outputs for the operation of the Office of the Speaker;
- Overseeing the implementation of departmental training plan;
- Preparation of departmental budget proposals and procurement plans; and
- Mentoring and coaching
Requirement for appointment
- Have an experience of Five (5) years and above in the relevant field on the management level;.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the Social Sciences from a recognized institution ;
- Master’s degree in any of the Social Sciences from a recognized institution will be added advantage;
- Senior Management Course lasting not less than six (4) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Proficiency in computer application skills; and
- Demonstrated managerial, administrative and professional competence in work
- Meet with the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who meet the specifications are requested to forward their applications with copies of academic and professional testimonials, and national identity cards.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their academic and professional testimonials, National identity card, and clearance from, EACC, KRA, DCI, HELB, and CRB.
Please note that:
1. Candidates should NOT attach original documents to the applications.
2. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
3. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
All applications should indicate clearly the position applied for and the advert number on the top corner of the envelope addressed to;
The Secretary County Assembly Service Board
County Assembly of Bungoma
P.O Box 1886 – 50200,
Or Via Email [email protected]
Or, be hand-delivered to the Human Resource Management Office Room 10 AT THE Main County Assembly Building.
All Applications Should be received no later than 23rd September 2021. THE COUNTY ASSEMBLY OF BUNGOMA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.