Accountant I Job, Accounting Job Vacancies in Kenya,
Job Grade CASB 6 (CASB 24/8/2021) – 1
Basic Salary: Kshs. 56,370
House Allowance: Kshs. 18,000
Other Allowance: Kshs. 8,000
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing Annual and Quarterly Financial Reports and Statements in compliance with existing laws and regulations;
- Preparing audit responses on need basis;
- Providing information and documents required for end year procedure;
- Perform Bank Reconciliation functions both manually and electronically;
- Processing of payments in accordance with prevailing processes and procedures;
- Maintaining primary books of accounts;
- Filing of Statutory returns;
- Participating in developing accounting manuals, policies and procedures for operations;
- Coordinating Ward Office operations; and
- Confirming compliance with County Assembly’s internal controls for all
Requirements for Appointment
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the relevant field;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Commerce (Accounting/Finance option), Finance, Economics, Business Administration (Accounting/Finance option), Business Management(Accounting/Finance option), or any other equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution;
- Part III of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA-K) Examination;
- Knowledge of IFMIS system is an added advantage;
- Membership with Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) and in good standing;
- Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work
- Meet with the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya,
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who meet the specifications are requested to forward their applications with copies of academic and professional testimonials, and national identity cards.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their academic and professional testimonials, National identity card, and clearance from, EACC, KRA, DCI, HELB, and CRB.
Please note that:
1. Candidates should NOT attach original documents to the applications.
2. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
3. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
All applications should indicate clearly the position applied for and the advert number on the top corner of the envelope addressed to;
The Secretary County Assembly Service Board
County Assembly of Bungoma
P.O Box 1886 – 50200,
Or Via Email [email protected]
Or, be hand-delivered to the Human Resource Management Office Room 10 AT THE Main County Assembly Building.
All Applications Should be received no later than 23rd September 2021. THE COUNTY ASSEMBLY OF BUNGOMA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.