Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
To Lead, manage and co-ordinate all aspects of the Programme’s Financial Management, ensuring control and compliance in line with client, corporate and programme quality standards. S/he will ensure that value for money is enshrined across the Programme and with its partners. The role will ensure that finance-related activities are established and delivered to the required standards to enable successful project delivery.
Challenges & Accountabilities
The ideal candidate will join the Kenya Team to offer project finance and compliance lead as required for our Grants Programmes, and should have experience in project finance reporting, experience delivering accurate and realistic financial plans, forecasts and budgets. You will be accountable to provide financial support to the programme team to ensure an effective delivery of programmes across East Africa. You will also be responsible for managing the financial month-end process to ensure consistent, accurate and robust financial accounting for the British Council and client. In addition to this, the ideal candidate will lead on financial planning, (re)forecasting, cash flow, reporting and analysis to ensure accurate, timely and complete financial management of the project/contract budget on SAP. He/she will evaluate the financial performance of the project regularly, together with the Project Board, partner organisations and Regional Finance Team; oversee financial procedures and payments with partners, suppliers/vendors and consultants. Provide training, support and advice to delivery teams on all finance-related issues and tasks. You will supervise, review and ensure delivery team familiarity with contract- and/or client-specific financial requirements and how these can be delivered through British Council procedures. Ensure all systems and documents developed are in full compliance with British Council corporate standards and country legal and financial requirements.
Also, you will manage internal and external requests for financial information. Establish and maintain a contract budget monitoring tool to enable accurate monitoring and reconciliation against the contract budget, to provide commercial forecasts, to respond to British Council and client requests and to ensure that the programme budget is not overspent, Part of the responsibilities will be to lead on monthly monitoring and reconciliation of project/contract budgets and work with project team to identify and report risks and issues. Ensure all project activity is financially compliant (both corporately and according to the contract), cost-effective, delivers value for money and meets British Council and client requirements; and ensure due diligence checks on partner organisation financial management processes, procedures and controls as needed. As with any business that experiences peaks and troughs of activity, there is likely to be a need to work outside office hours from time to time.
The successful candidate will need to possess the following requirements:
• A university degree in Finance, Accounting or similar discipline.
• Experience in comparable role(s) including working on donor funded development projects / programmes.
• Qualified accountant – ACCA or CFA – with at least 5 years post-qualification experience
• Experience of an ERP system.
• Previous experience in managing and leading staff
• Ability to explain and support the implementation of stringent financial requirements to multi-disciplinary internal staff and external partners (steering committee, clients, grantees, consortium partners, hub delivery teams)
• Experience of overseeing, supporting and significantly improving financial management capability and performance of individuals and teams outside of formal / direct line management control.
• A postgraduate degree in Finance, Accounting or similar discipline.
• Experience of financial management of EU contracts
• Experience working with SAP
Additional Information: Role holder must have existing rights to live and work in the country the role is based.
Closing Date 17 January 2021 applications will close 23:59 Nigeria Time**
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter