Sales Execution Officer Job, Current Sales & Marketing Jobs In Kenya,
|JOB TITLE||SALES EXECUTION OFFICER-SHIPPING COMPANY|
|NATURE OF JOB||FULL TIME|
|INDUSTRY||SHIPPING & LOGISTICS|
Our client a shipping company is recruiting a Sales Execution Officer to deal directly with customers aiming to develop, secure and maintain the most profitable business for the Company in accordance with the company’s objectives. The purpose of Sales Execution is to produce optimum contributions for the Company by maintaining and enhancing the Company’s customer base through offering products that satisfy customers’ needs. Sales Execution interface with Sales Steering, Sales Support, Customer Service, Operations and Finance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Exceeding budget within designated territory
- Soliciting potential customers; developing existing customers; servicing and maintaining all accounts within assigned territory
- Evaluate customer potential and conduct sales planning
- Developing a sales pipeline in Sales Force to align to company aspirations and optimize vessel utilization in view of volume and profitability
- Developing account strategies
- Logging appointments, client contact In Sales Force.
- Monthly cycle of planning volumes by customer and trade relations
- Developing and maintaining excellent internal relationships that enhance customer experience
- Identifying backup/support and delegating as necessary
- Manage and grow portfolio of customers and opportunities
- Cover MR and GEO from Customers ( push –pull) as defined in areas sales steering concept
- Focus on medium and large account
- Deal directly with customers to develop, secure and maintain most profitable business
- Conduct sales planning and performance management as defined in enhanced sales process including account planning : regular/ GAM NVO GAM/ BCO
- Approach customer through specified sales channels
- Where appropriate for their market, serve as specialist e.g. reefer, commodity, import etc.
- Prepare and conduct visits, report and follow up on visits
- Conclude contracts for MR customers ( proposal, negotiations and closing )
- Record commitments ( tender tracking / commercial )
- Drive CU business for foreign MR’s and adhere to push pull process
- Selectively engage in TM discussions on important matters e.g. tender guidance and negotiations, special commodity market rates etc.
- Feedback market information and give clear information to sales coordination regarding pricing requirements to enable future communications with TM and handover to customer service.
- Coordinating credit applications in coordination with Sales Manager and Finance
- Completing weekly activity reports to be tabled and discussed during weekly 1on1 with line manager
- Any other Sales related tasks as requested by the Management.
- Degree in Sales and Marketing/ Business Management/ or any other related field
- Practical experience in a similar position in a shipping company
- 8 years plus relevant experience in a commercial role, preferably in the shipping industry
- Assertive negotiator
- Team player with a proactive attitude
- Result Driven and Persuasive
- Ability to communicate and collaborate
- Ability to work under pressure, goal and deadline driven
- Knowing your own strengths and weaknesses and capacity for self-criticism
- Active knowledge of market, maritime documents and commercial terms
- Active knowledge of sales techniques
How to Apply
- Qualified candidates are encouraged to send CVs quoting relevant skills, qualifications and experience to [email protected]
- Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted