Mechanic/Driver Job, Latest Kenyan Driver Jobs
Salary: ksh 27,000
Industry: Logistic Company
Our client is a busy logistics company in Kiambu. The job holder is expected to be well conversant in mechanical work especially vehicle repair and maintenance. He will serve as a truck driver as well.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess vehicles and/or machinery to accurately diagnose and repair issues
- Prepare quotes and work estimates as requested
- Keep an accurate log of all work performed
- Maintain and clean garage equipment, tools to ensure they are kept in a safe and usable condition at all times
- Safely transporting various company products and materials to and from specified locations in a timely manner
- Help lead mechanic complete major repairs.
- Do welding and minor body work.
- Service vehicles according to established preventive maintenance schedule. Rotate and balance tires;
- Change oil and filters; lubricate vehicle parts; inspect and replace hoses, belts, mirrors, lamps; and maintain all fluid levels.
- Maintain accurate, updated records of preventive maintenance.
- Inspect vehicles and evaluate condition of systems, equipment, accessories, and lights; service as needed.
- Demonstrate process of preventive maintenance and visual inspections to mechanic helpers.
- Perform preventive maintenance
- Assisting with the loading and offloading of company products
- Adjusting travel routes to avoid traffic congestion or road construction.
- Ensuring that the company vehicle is always parked in areas that permit parking in order to avoid towing.
- Keeping the company vehicle clean and properly maintained by performing regular washing and vehicle maintenance
- Providing accurate time records of the company vehicle’s movements
- Reporting any accidents, injuries, and vehicle damage to management.
- Ensuring vehicle inspection and expiry of insurance cover is monitored
- Adhere to company work safety policies
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant certificate of training as a mechanic or self taught hands experience
- Certificate of good conduct
- Valid driving licence
- 3-5 years experience as a Mechanic/driver of Trucks
- Any other certificates or knowledge is an added advantage
- Attention to details and keen focus when undertaking tasks
HOW TO APPLY
- Qualified candidates are encouraged to send CVs quoting relevant qualifications, skills and experience to [email protected]
- Interviews will be done on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.