Devops Engineer Job, IT Kenyan Job Vacancies 2022,
JOB TITLE: DEVOPS ENGINEER
NATURE OF JOB: FULL TIME
INDUSTRY: ICT COMPANY
SALARY RANGE: KSHS 150,000.00- 250,000.00- Commensurate with experience
JOB LOCATION: NAIROBI
The client is an ICT multinational company looking to employ an experienced and talented DevOps Engineer to be part of the software and technical consulting teams. The DevOps Engineer will work with developers and the IT staffs to oversee the code releases, combining an understanding of both engineering and coding. From creating and implementing systems software to analyzing data to improve existing ones and upsurge productivity in the workplace.
- Responsible for building, testing and maintaining the infrastructure and tools to allow for the speedy development , release and support of software in production
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure
- Understanding the needs of stakeholders and conveying this to developers
- Working on ways to automate and improve development , release and support processes for software
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Identifying technical problems and developing updates and ‘fixes’
- Working with software developers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Continuously enhance monitoring and alerting and focus on symptoms and not on outages
- Installation, maintenance and upgrading of production systems;
- Measure performance and account for growth in the infrastructure;
- Write status reports and effectively communicate the issues and status;
- Design and implement cloud native systems – Infrastructure as Code
- Design and implement Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) processes;
- Identify, analyze and classify technical problems, correlate possible causes, conduct eeffective diagnosis and report issues;
- Drive continuous improvement, in areas such as monitoring, operational task automation, continuous integration, deployments and performance tuning.
- At least 7 years of experience in IT Infrastructure or software development
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
- Familiar with the Linux Shell for administration and troubleshooting
- Familiar with the usage of configuration management systems like Chef, Ansible, Puppet
- Have programming skills – Ruby, Go, Python
- Have experience with Nginx, HAProxy, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, or similar technologies
- Ability to use GitLab
- Familiarity with monitoring tools such as ELK, Grafana, application performance monitoring and packet trace analysis tools (e.g. wireshark)
- Hunting mentality for system uptime and performance – explore edge cases, failure modes, behaviors, specific implementations.
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast paced environment
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications, skills and experience send CV urgently to [email protected].com
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.