Chief Finance Office- CFO Job, Current Finance Jobs In Kenya 2022,
|JOB TITLE||CHIEF FINANCE OFFICE-CFO|
|NATURE OF JOB||FULL TIME|
|INDUSTRY||LOGISTICS & SHIPPING|
Our client a Global shipping company in Mombasa is looking to hire an experienced CFO for local as well as overseas responsibilities. The CFO will play a vital role in maintaining the financial standing of the company. The ideal candidate will be in charge of managing company finances and help determine financial strategy and policy, and managing financial risks in the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Budgeting (Budget adjustment and quarterly Forecasts) of Overhead Costs and Operational Expenses
- Produce monthly trend analysis and maintenance of costs standards
- Manage the Business Administration and Controlling function of Kenya
- Assist with Performance Management of the various business units in Kenya (presentation of KPI’s and support with alignment)
- Manage Finance Closure Administration (Month/Quarter/Year End) within the company guidelines
- Manage and oversee external and internal audits and ensure unqualified reports received.
- Manage the Balance Sheet and Income Statement Accounts and reconciliation thereof.
- Manage Accounts Receivables and Payables within the company guidelines
- Review and develop business processes in line with company’s guidelines, maintaining process excellence and digitization/automation
- Responsible for cost saving initiatives and procurement (Operational and Overhead costs) and provide feedback and proposals to the procurement committee
- Responsible for the Risk management of the Kenya office.
- Responsible for credit policy to minimize the risk of bad debt loss
- Manage the Cash Flow of the Country within the company guidelines
- Supervision of Country level Business Systems group
- Management of Country ITC Support and Facilities functions
- Maintain a feedback channel to Area Africa BU heads, ensuring alignment with strategic objectives and goals of the Kenya office.
- Management of Country Statutory Records and Reporting.
- Ensure total Compliance to company’s global standards and policies as well as local regulatory laws.
- Support the Kenya Managing Director in the implementation of policies and day to day activities
- Provide reports and analyze key data to drive improvements
- Participation in Expert Working Groups
- Responsible for setting targets and goals for individual departments within Business Administration and supporting with appropriate training and development.
- Coach and develop individual department managers and staff. Have regular performance reviews in line with company’s policy and Area Management requirement
- Resolution of high level concerns
- Ascertain that the workload is balanced amongst the various disciplines within each department
- Assist managers with problem solving and provide guidelines regarding departmental and personnel related issues
- Assist local management in selection/hiring of staff
- Create and maintain an open communication channel within Department, Area and Region
- Work closely with other area Directors on process improvement and communication flow
- Liaise with Area Africa Office for all Controlling related matters
Skills and Competences
- Having a high level of initiative and drive
- Responsible for all Staff within the Business Administration, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Office Administration functions and Controlling.
- Shipping and Logistics background would be advantageous.
- SAP experience will be advantageous.
- Excellent telecommunication and interpersonal skills
- Rule orientated
- Deadline Driven
- Hands on approach
- Strong Finance/ Accounting background
- 10 years of experience as a Chief Finance Officer/ Manager
- Experience in a Shipping company will be an added advantage
- Good experience in Business Administration
How to Apply
- Qualified candidates are encouraged to send CVs quoting relevant skills and experience to [email protected]
- Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted