Job PurposeThe role holder will be responsible for leading, planning, directing and coordinating the sales and distribution of all Britam products by developing and growing the Financial Advisors and Independent agency network to a motivated team and building networks through the Units that are able to aggressively and successfully promote Britam Insurance business.
- Develop, Implement and Review Sales Strategic plan for all Britam products.
- Promote cross-selling to existing and new products through FA and Branch network in liaison with the product team.
- Ensuring that the Financial Advisors and Independent Agencies meet their set monthly targets. Review of targets and performance shall be on a bi-weekly basis.
- Appraising the performance of Financial Advisors and Independent Agencies and the Units
- Ensure that premium is collected from clients in line with company Credit policy.
- Supervising and motivating the agency force.
- Overseeing the recruitment & deployment of the financial advisors, Independent Agencies and setting up new distribution networks.
- In liaison with the Head of Business Development ensure that all Financial Advisors and Units are regularly and properly trained to achieve Company objectives.
- Ensure that the Financial Advisors are appropriately qualified as per BNR requirements. This includes licenses and all other areas of compliance.
- Ensure full compliance with Company policies and procedures in the distribution networks. This means that any Audit violation of the procedures is strictly and speedily handled and appropriate action taken
- Conceptualize structure and execute initiatives to develop the business in the current and new markets including product development.
- Develop strong systems to prevent, detect and mitigate fraud not limited to premium embezzlement, misrepresentation, collusion with clients to inflate claim amount, and system manipulation in the distribution networks.
- Gather marketing intelligence statistics including competition, new products, and the Company’s image to facilitate the development of strategies to give the company a competitive advantage;
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports on production.
- Assist in coordinating the claim notification, communicating to clients, and submitting the requisite documents in support of a claim, updating the clients during all stages of the claim settlement
- Undertake initial underwriting of business from the Financial Advisors to ensure sound acceptance of risk thereafter forward to the Claims & Underwriting Manager.
- Champion supervision and utilization of sales tools to derive productivity in the channels.
- Manage sales costs to ensure Revenue and product profitability.
- Deliver on performance requirements as defined in the departments’ strategy map, balanced scorecard, and personal scorecard.
- Responsible for staff working under this position
- Required to liaise and work closely with the other departments as may be necessary
- Britam customers
- Insurance sector players
- Capital Markets players