Retail Audit Assurance Manager Job, Current Accounting Jobs In Kenya,
Responsible for coordinating operational audits in the Retail Segment at Britam.
Role holder will also be responsible for planning and conducting of operational and financial audits to evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls based on an approved annual risk-based audit plan in line with regulatory and supervisory requirements and expectations. This is in regards to the regulated entity.
- Ensure detailed audit programs based on the documented procedures and best practices are developed, for each identified audit project, giving special attention to potential risk areas.
- Prepare reports for management and the Board Audit & Risk Committee clearly describing the key findings and practical recommendations for improvements.
- Coordinate the implementation of internal audit strategies, policies and procedures.
- Facilitate regional and branch audits to ensure operations are in line with the Group policies.
- Verify documentation and review of existing accounting, administrative and internal control systems and make the appropriate recommendations for improvement. This covers the Retail Segment operations and calls for thorough understanding of all the segment’s operations.
- Formulate and implement Internal Audit policies and operations manuals.
- Ensure detailed audit tests are performed on all the Retail Segment’s operations based on Standard audit programmes in accordance with the approved annual audit plan. This includes recommendations to improve efficiency. The job holder may change the scope of the audit if actual circumstances in the field so demand.
- Maintain adequate and properly documented audits performed and evidence in the Internal Audit systems.
- Assess the Audited department’s primary operational and financial risks and develop strategies to manage these areas.
- Work with the different stakeholders and provide feedback to staff on performance of each audit assignment.
- Develop and implement the performance management plan and cycle for team members as provisioned by HR.
- Schedule and assign work to the audit team estimating resource needs.
- Verify compliance with all the relevant legislation and regulatory requirements. This calls for regular updates with all the relevant legislation and statutory requirements affecting the group.
- Attend and participate in the Management meetings to enhance understanding of the Group’s Operations.
- Deliver on performance requirements as defined in the departments’ strategy map, balanced scorecard and Personal Scorecard.
Key Performance Measures:
As described in your Personal Scorecard
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field.
- MBA is an added advantage.
- Professional qualification e.g. CPA(K), ACCA, CISA. CFA or equivalent.
- 7-10 years’ experience in a similar position; 4-5 of which should be in a managerial capacity in a busy environment.
Leadership category responsibility framework (Core Competencies).
Change Leaders’ Competency Descriptions:
- Deciding and Initiating Action – Ensures key departmental objectives are met, takes responsibility for decisions, actions, projects and people while focusing on achievement of departmental results; takes initiative and works under own direction; initiates and generates activity; makes quick, clear decisions with limited information available which may include tough choices or considered risks; decisions and actions take into account possible impact on all parts of the business.
- Leading and Supervising – Provides the department with a clear direction based on the overall strategic intent of the organization; Building high expectations about the success of the department; motivates and empowers others with a clear sense of purpose; creates a positive departmental climate that fosters learning and development; acknowledges high potential talent; Recognize the potential of individuals sets and articulates the vision and values through own personal behaviour; Push autonomy and empowerment downwards through the department.
- Persuading and Influencing – Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating to the benefit of the department; promotes the organizational strategy during departmental conversations; makes effective use of political processes to influence and persuade others; promotes ideas on behalf of the department and the organization; makes a strong personal impact on others; takes care to manage the department’s impression and brand on others.
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts – Works strategically to realize organizational goals within the department; sets and develops departmental strategies; identifies and develops positive and compelling visions of the department’s future potential; Ensure departmental Balanced Score Card objectives and KPIs are met and Exceeded; Ensure Personal Scorecard Objectives are met and exceeded; takes account of a wide range of issues across, and related to, the organization; Work with direct reports to ensure the cascading of the strategic plan into integrated departmental plans that are meaningful to individuals; encourages others to take a strategic and long-term view in terms of the department’s future; Emphasize the impact and importance of individual contributions to the successful implementation of the organizational strategy in the department; Evaluate my own and others’ performance fairly and objectively; communicates the organisational strategy, vision and objectives effectively across all levels in the department.
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking – Keeps up to date with competitor information and market trends; identifies business opportunities for the department; maintains awareness of developments, changes, Add value to the department by capitalizing on new business opportunities; trends and possible risks in the department’s structure and politics; demonstrates financial awareness; Identify ways to increase the Britam competitive advantage, exploiting those that will bring the greatest return within an acceptable level of risk; ensures costs are monitored and controlled and thinks in terms of profit, loss and added value; Ensure that sufficient data about financial and other parameters of departmental performance are available; Interpret departmental information objectively against appropriate benchmarks.
- Planning and Organizing – Sets clearly defined departmental objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing organizational and market circumstances; identifies and organizes resources needed to accomplish projects; manages time effectively; monitors departmental performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Relating and Networking – Easily establishes, as well as assists others in building meaningful relationships with customers and staff across all levels of the organization, inside and outside of the department; relates well to people at all levels; facilitates the resolutions of conflict and manages disagreements with tact and diplomacy.
- Creating and Innovating – Promotes departmental improvement within relevant scope of influence; produces and encourages new ideas, approaches, or insights; creates the environment for innovative products or designs; produces a range of solutions to the strategic benefit of the department.
- Adhering to Principles and Values – Upholds and encourages ethical behaviour and organizational values; demonstrates integrity; promotes and defends equal opportunities, builds diverse teams; encourages departmental and individual responsibility towards the community and the environment; models the organizational values during every day interactions.
- Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives – Accepts and tackles demanding departmental and personal goals with enthusiasm; leads by example by working hard and putting in longer hours in order to ensure successful implementation and completion of projects; show self-insight in own development needs.
- Adapting and Responding to change – Anticipates and effectively adapts to changing circumstances and ambiguous situations; accepts and actively drives new ideas and change initiatives; adapts interpersonal style to suit different individuals or situations; Monitor changes in departmental issues, structures and dynamics and appreciate their implications for the business; Demonstrate an understanding of the links between the Britam’s structure, goals and capabilities; Constantly aware of competitors, trends and changes in the markets that the Britam works within; Maintains a focus on key priorities and deliverables, staying resilient in the face of pressure; Implement changes within my department to achieve set change goals; Responds flexibly to changing circumstances; Recognises when unable to cope and asks others for help; Uses change as an opportunity to improve ways of working, encouraging others’ buy-in; Takes ownership for communicating change initiatives clearly, ensuring smooth implementation
- Analyzing – Strategically analyses sources of information, breaking them into component parts, patterns and relationships; makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be part of a much larger system.
- Cost Management – Demonstrates an awareness of financial issues affecting my department; Use financial information to monitor departmental performance and guide decisions; Consistently identify opportunities to reduce costs within my department.
- Staff development – Create a positive departmental climate that fosters learning and development; Identify development needs within my department; Ensure direct reports have personal development plans in place that are regularly reviewed; Provide honest and constructive feedback on my team’s performance; Act as coach or mentor when appropriate; Allocate power, responsibilities and authority to appropriate subordinates.
How to Apply
Unposting Date: 29-11-2022