Actuarial Analyst – Life, Kenyan Actuarial Science Jobs,
- The role holder is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day running of the Actuarial unit by performing analysis; experience investigations, business projections, valuation of technical liabilities; and preparing management & regulatory reports for the assigned LOBs.
- He/she is also responsible for knowledge transfer through guiding the Actuarial associates and interns.
- Select appropriate reserve calculation method and calculate reserves
- Review and monitor experience on all products to inform decision making on reserving assumptions.
- Perform embedded value and analysis of surplus calculations and preparation of the management report highlighting the key movements.
- Provide analysis to support the renegotiation of the existing contracts
- Carry out business projections for the annual business planning exercise, strategy reviews and for capital management/solvency purposes as well as Stress and Scenario testing on the projections and facilitate management reports on the stresses.
- Prepare comprehensive actuarial reports to the business each quarter and highlight key issues on an ongoing basis including solvency and capital monitoring.
- Providing clarification to finance function, appointed actuary and external auditor queries on the disclosure requirements and/or methodology used.
- Prepare data to help address all matters raised by the IRA in their risk inspection and continue to highlight emerging risks.
- Conversant with IFRS 17 requirements and valuations.
- Provide data and initial assessment in relation to Bonus Policy, Dividend Policy and ALM.
- Supervising, mentoring and coaching Actuarial Associates and Interns
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Key Performance Measures
- As described in your Personal Scorecard
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- University Degree in actuarial science, statistics, engineering, mathematics, physics, economics or related field with strong emphasis on mathematical proficiency
- 2-4 years’ experience in a similar position
- Progress in Institute of Actuaries examinations (At least 6 papers)
- Statistical techniques
- Proficient knowledge on the insurance industry in Kenya
- Knowledge of reinsurance arrangements and structures
- Knowledge of statistical packages or programming (e.g. SAS, Visual Basic)
- Database management systems
How to Apply
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Unposting Date: 19-06-2022
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.