Boiler Technician Job. Fairmont Hotel Aug 2019
Boiler Technician Jobs, Engineering Jobs, Fairmont Hotel Jobs
Maintain and supervise heating system operations, with special responsibility for emergency service, maintenance of equipment and installation.
Reporting to the Maintenance Engineer, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Have knowledge on operation and repair of steam and hot water boilers.
- Ensure the boiler/Heating system spares are available.
- Adheres to the PPM for boiler maintenance.
- Maintain and supervise heating systems operations, with special responsibility for emergency service, maintenance of equipment, and installation.
- Troubleshoot, supervise, and/or make repairs on gas and fuel pressure lines, boilers, heaters, pumps, compressors, motors, controllers, reducing station, heat exchangers.
- Schedule and supervise external contractors hired for work related to heating systems.
- Direct boiler work such as tube, header and brickwork, casing work and flue work.
- Install heating system equipment as required.
- Order oil and gas deliveries.
- Inspect fuel tanks.
- Prepare and maintain records on treatment, oil, gas and chemicals consumption and steam and hot water production.
- Cooperate and work with State and other inspector’s, as required.
- Operate boilers and controls.
- Train and supervise staff on operation and basic repair of equipment as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Previous experience is an asset
- Diploma in relevant field preferably Diploma in Electrical/Mechanical/Mechatronic Engineering
- Having certificate in Training on Boilers, Steam Systems And Other Fuel Fired Equipment is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of heating systems, boiler and other related power equipment, boiler chemistry and water testing procedures, and boiler codes and safety standards.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to)
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Click Here To Apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter