Biomedical Technician Jobs, Electrical Engineering Jobs, Engineering Jobs, Technical Jobs, Kenyatta University Teaching, Research and Referral Hospital Jobs
Department: Hospital Administration
Section/Unit Biomedical Engineering
Reports to: Biomedical Engineer
Reporting to the Biomedical Engineer, the Biomedical Technician job exists to provide support in patient diagnosis and treatment by installing, testing, calibrating, and repairing biomedical equipment at KUTRRH.
- Repair, maintain and ensure that medical equipment in operating rooms, intensive care, clinical labs, including therapeutic and diagnostic clinics are running well at the hospital.
- Provide preventive maintenance to medical equipment in a safe, self-directed and proper functioning in the hospital.
- Provide technical support on informal and formal basis concerning operation of medical equipment to ensure that all processes are adhered to while using them in the hospital.
- Collaborate with biomedical engineers and researchers to design and fabricate specialized devices for use in the clinical and research settings in the hospital.
- Document and maintain records pertaining to all repairs, replacement parts, calibrations and modifications of medical equipment in the hospital.
- Gather and provide first response information on medical equipment related issues involved in patient occurrence reports to ensure follow up of issues raised in the hospital.
- Identify aging and obsolete patient care equipment and ensures all procedures are followed while disposing them within and without the in the hospital.
- Ensure provision of supporting documentation for the assessment, justification and selection of new devices while realizing fiscal responsibility in the hospital.
- Certificate in Electrical Engineering with focus on medical engineering from a recognized institution
- At least two years working experience as a Biomedical Technician in a reputable health facility
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of relevant professional standards
- Knowledge of relevant legislations
Soft skills required for the job:
- Communication skills
- Observation skills
- Analytical skills
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work odd hours and odd days
How to Apply
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of these posts, please send your
- Application Letter,
- Curriculum Vitae and
- Filled Application Form
Download the Job Job Application Form.
ONLY via email to [email protected]
Or hard copies can be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O Box 7674 – 00100 GPO
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is Monday 5th August 2019
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.