Reporting to Hospital Engineer – Biomedical, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring proper functioning, safety and sound condition of all medical equipment in the Hospital and that they are in optimum working condition and available for use at all times amongst the following other responsibilities;
- Ensure all bio-medical equipment are included on the equipment master list for scheduled maintenance and calibration.
- Support the Hospital Engineer – Biomedical, to review and update the quality standards for preventive maintenance and checks that are regularly conducted on biomedical equipment to comply with changing industry requirements.
- Ensure that preventive maintenance and repairs of bio-medical equipment is conducted within the established quality standards, procedures and time.
- Ensure continuous training of Bio-medical equipment users and to ensure safe machine handling.
- Ensure calibration of biomedical equipment is done in time and documented.
- Ability to maintain dialysis equipment.
- Ensure team observance and compliance with environmental health and occupational safety measures and regulations.
- Carry out staff supervision including work scheduling and execution.
- Supervise handling and being in charge of any works related to various bio-medical equipment.
- To evaluate the safety, efficiency and effectiveness of medical equipment, report and implement recommendations.
- Identify gaps and risks in biomedical equipment and share with head of department for execution.
- Supervise outpatient centers and ensuring medical equipment’s are maintained as per hospital standards.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Degree in Bio -Medical engineering from a recognized institution.
- Valid practicing License
- Minimum 4 years’ experience, in a maintenance function in a busy hospital industry.
- Demonstrated experience in Maintenance management.
- Excellent organizational, decision-making and planning skills.
- Good interpersonal and customer relation skills.
- Computer literacy skills with demonstrated knowledge
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application quoting the reference and include your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees to:
Ag. Human Resources Director
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026 – 00100
OR [email protected]
To be received not later than 22nd March 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.