Senior Business Development Manager Job, Current Kenyan Sales & Marketing Vacancies 2022,
BioLite is a for-profit social enterprise that develops, manufactures and markets distributed energy solutions for off-grid communities around the world. Our business serves two distinct markets, 1) emerging markets families living in energy poverty, and 2) outdoor enthusiasts seeking fuel-independent cooking and electricity. BioLite has delivered energy access to over five million people and has mitigated more than one million tons of carbon emissions from the atmosphere.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-moving company with both a technical and creative environment. If you are looking to work with a growing business development team that is focused on radically scaling off-grid energy access, we’re your company. As Senior Business Development Manager at BioLite, you’ll be responsible for helping us drive ambitious levels of growth of BioLite’s mission to bring Energy Everywhere.
Duties & Responsibilities
Manage existing Key Partnerships in East Africa/Kenya
- Work with Managing and BD Directors to support key partnerships in Kenya and the wider East Africa region
- Build and maintain trust and rapport with existing partners.
- Project Manage all key aspects of key partnerships internally (i.e., responsible for tracking key deliverables across departments (e.g., Ops, Tech, Marketing, Finance)) and externally (i.e., be the ”go to” contact for partners).
- Examples: meet with key BioLite distributors to co-develop new go-to-market strategies and help BioLite deliver more value to these distributors.
- Lead the Kenya Business Development/Sales Team (5 team members), driving our SME partnerships in Kenya
Identify new partnerships for the business:
- Leverage market insights and networks to find and track high-potential distribution partners.
- Identify and initiate relationships with these partners, influence decision makers at various levels inside the partners’ organization and mature these leads to successful partnerships. Strategically maintain and grow a network of potential key partnerships through calls/video meetings, events, relationships with professional bodies, customer/field visits etc.
- Work with the operations department to ensure successful, on-time delivery to partners.
- Work with the finance department to ensure on-time payment from partners.
- Work with the marketing department to determine collateral required to convert new partners.
- Collect partner feedback on products to inform the product development team on market trends and customer preferences.
- Build and manage sales forecasts on a weekly basis and report to the team on progress and challenges during weekly sales meetings.
- Populate CRM with info to vet prospective key partnerships and track communication/minutes of meeting with relevant potential key partnerships and opportunities.
Expected 30% travel time across Kenya and EAC
- More than 5 years of experience in a similar role/position in the industry or relevant adjacent industries
- Experience in, and demonstrable track record, managing, training, and supporting a sales team
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
How to Apply