Women Affairs Journalist Media Job at BBC
Women Affairs Journalist Job Responsibilities
- To generate, research, produce and edit multi-media journalistic pieces aimed at BBC Africa’s female audience.
- To suggest ideas about new ways of engaging the female audience; and to put these ideas into practice.
- To identify compelling digital and TV content and translate into a form suitable for our multiple platforms
- To think of creative video/digital treatments for some content
- To present or report live for across digital platforms , TV and radio by providing up to date with the news agenda in the region and understand how it’s playing out in social spaces.
- To participate in short- and long-term planning, offer new ideas and to suggest new angles on existing stories and to put forward stories not yet covered.
- To produce and develop women’s blogging network within the Africa
- To work across platforms (online, social media, TV etc.) and ensure that the female agenda is covered across all of the Service’s output, in a relevant and engaging manner, in adherence to the BBC’s editorial guidelines
- To sub and curate content to a high standard
- To commission bloggers/contributors taking editorial responsibility for content.
- To work with website & social teams to ensure content is well placed and distributed appropriately
- To be aware of the distinctive news agenda across the BBC
- To bring ideas to wider planning and editorial meetings.
- To join or build dedicated communities around the subject and seed content where appropriate.
- To ensure that on- and off-site conversation with users is of the highest quality, from technical queries to questions about editorial direction.
- To work with other women’s affairs journalists across regions – identify themes and opportunities for collaboration
- The ability to travel to gather interviews and material for output.
- The ability to work flexibly and over weekends may be needed.
Qualifications for the Women Affairs Journalist Job
- A successful record in working in an online and social media production environment including demonstrable experience and enthusiasm for social media and interactivity
- Demonstrates an excellent knowledge of developments in social media and related areas.
- Excellent style and ability to adapt output to different platforms. Ability to engage audience
- A clear understanding of the needs and profile of the female audience and the ability to translate these into imaginative and compelling content solutions, specifically with reference to social media.
- Comprehensive knowledge of writing and editing content for publication to high editorial standards.
- Understanding of the women’s agenda in the target region and in the world.
- Evidence of sound editorial and community judgement as well as an understanding of the power of online communities.
- The ability to plan and organise time and resources effectively and to manage projects to conclusion according to deadlines.
- Demonstrable experience of making content behind or in front of a camera
- Conceive, shoot, write, edit content for Instagram channels, as well as emerging platforms
- A good knowledge of English including complete comprehension of written and spoken
- English and the ability to communicate effectively.
- The ability to work quickly, accurately and under pressure.
- A comprehensive knowledge of BBC health & safety procedures
How to Apply
Apply here for the Women Affairs Journalist Job
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.