Electrician Job, Current Engineering Jobs In Kenya,
As a member of the Maintenance team you will report to the Electrical Supervisor, and you will be responsible for delivering preventive and corrective electrical maintenance activities in a safe and efficient manner to ensure high levels of equipment availability within the Kwale Mine Site, Likoni Port Facility & associated facilities.
The main duties
- Ensuring proper maintenance of electrical equipment, compliance with relevant codes, and adherence to safety regulations.
- Troubleshooting, fault finding, and corrective maintenance to avoid unplanned equipment downtime.
- Carrying out routine inspections and tests of all electrical machinery, earthing systems, apparatus, and medium (11/3.3kV) and low (400V) voltage power as required.
- Ensuring accurate records of maintenance activities are maintained and updated regularly.
- Reporting any situations which may affect the safe use of any electrical installation, apparatus or appliances.
- Ensuring good housekeeping of the workshop and working areas.
To succeed you will be required to have:
- A Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a recognized institution
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant post-training experience
- Sound and demonstrable fault-finding and problem-solving skills
- Sound practical experience in electrical isolation procedures
- Experience with large electrical motors, plant automation, PLC controls (Schneider preferred), VSDs, sensors, single and three-phase power
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment, and materials common to the electrical trade
- Knowledge of applicable electrical codes, standards, and regulations
- A good understanding of workplace Health, Safety and Environmental procedures
- Demonstrable ability to work in a challenging environment with a multinational workforce
How to Apply
If you believe you have the appropriate skills and want to work for this progressive organization, we encourage you to apply online at www.basetitanium.com/careers by no later than 7th November 2022.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Successful applicants will be required to undergo an assessment and panel interview.
Base is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
We live by a set of core beliefs or principles that together form the “Base Way”