Bar/Lounge Manager Job, Latest Hotel Jobs,
Position: Bar/Lounge Manager
Directs and organizes the activities of the bar/lounge to maintain high standards of beverage quality, service and marketing to maximize profits through outstanding customer service and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Handling customer complaints and ensuring they are okay.
- Creating effective schedules and quickly resolving conflicts to ensure that bar is well staffed during peak hours.
- Directly supervising Department employees in order to fulfill customers’ needs in accordance with Lounge’s policies and procedures.
- Maintain the highest level of employee/customer relations.
- Manage the business aspects of the bar, such as keeping a current liquor license, negotiating supplier contracts, taking inventory and reordering supplies, managing budgets, and setting goals.
- Working with diverse personalities both on the staff and customers.
- Monitoring the set-up of the bar, lounge.
- Assisting with the set-up of bar, lounge, private functions and hospitalities when needed.
- Coordinating private functions.
- Reporting and following established company procedures on any disciplinary problems or deviations from normal procedures.
- Adhere to the policies of the Hotel as set forth in the Employee Handbook and document and report any observed violations to Human Resources.
- Ensure training program is in place and used on a daily basis.
- Assign and instruct bar and lounge staff in details of work
- Proving daily bar/lounge report.
- Stock taking and stock management of the Lounge.
- Develop and implement basic operating standards for bar and lounge service in compliance with Kenya Alcohol Regulation Policies/Alcoholic Drinks Controls Act (e.g. Employee Alcohol Awareness Training and Compliance).
- Overseeing the functions of the department to include general bar and lounge service to private functions.
- Participate in the development of the annual budget for the bar and lounge.
- Attend mandatory meetings including divisional meetings, staff meetings, etc.
- Participate in Manager on Duty coverage program, which may require occasional weekend stay overs.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics which inspire Team Members to meet and exceed standards.
- Planning and taking part in promotional events
- Maximize bar and lounge profitability; implement effective controls of beverage and labor costs and monitor the bar’s and lounge’s budget to ensure efficient operations, including achieving budgeted revenue and labor expenses.
- Ensure par stock levels are maintained by calculating inventory, requisition, retrieving and stocking product.
- Evaluate cost effectiveness of all aspects of operation. Develop and implement cost savings and profit enhancement measures. Maintain established inventory by ordering all liquor and supplies in accordance with business needs.
Health and Safety and Licenses
- Ensure Health safety measures are adhered to.
- Setting and enforcing quality and safety controls.
- Ensuring licenses are updated and in line with current legislation.
- Any other duty assigned.
- Restaurant or management experience or more education is generally preferred.
- Strong understanding of business management and accounting principles.
- At least three years in related field required or combination of experience and education.
- Food Service Sanitation certification. Alcohol Service permits (if required).
- The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Customer service and problem solving skills.
- Excellent computer, problem-solving, and customer service skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Meet governmental regulations dealing with the sale of alcoholic beverages.
- Meet governmental health requirements.
- Knowledge of beverage operations, drinks/cocktails service and supervisory knowledge.
- Knowledge of beers, liquors and wines.
- Ability to walk, stands, and/or bend continuously to perform essential job functions.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
How to apply
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Hotel Supervisor” being the subject of the email, with detailed CV, names & addresses of three referees by 23rd December 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: We do not charge any fees for recruitment.