Senior Principal Trainer Job(School of Port Operation and Logistics), Logistics Jobs In Kenya,
BMA/22/SPTP/12 SENIOR PRINCIPAL TRAINER (SCHOOL OF PORT OPERATIONS AND LOGISTICS)
|Job Grade:||BMA 3|
|Basic Salary Scale:||Kshs. 170,500.00 – Kshs. 373,500.00|
|House allowance:||Kshs. 35,000.00|
|Commuter allowance:||Kshs. 20,000.00|
|Terms of service:||Pensionable|
|Reporting to:||Deputy Director, Maritime Transport Operations Training|
The school of Port Operations and Logistics is established to offer courses on Port Operations, shipping and logistic functions which include Port Management, Transport Logistics, Container Terminal Operations, and the Ports & Logistics in line with Sec 4(1) (g) of the Legal Notice that establishes the Academy.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the Senior Principal Trainer, (School of Port Operation and Logistics) will include the following: –
- In-charge of the school of Port Operations and Logistics;
- Providing advisory on training on port operations and logistics;
- Developing school policies and strategies;
- Designing, developing and delivering training programmes;
- Coordinating development of instructional materials for training;
- Development and review of curriculum and syllabus;
- Supervising trainees Action Research Projects;
- Developing and reporting on training programmes seminars, workshops and symposia;
- Initiating research and consultancy assignments;
- Conducting capacity building surveys;
- Supervising and mentoring Trainers;
- Designing professional staff development programmes in areas of specialization;
- Providing necessary liaison between the Academy and the clients;
- Coordinating, setting, administering and marking of examinations; and,
- Preparing operation reports for the school.
- Bachelor degree in a relevant field from a recognized university
- Master degree in a relevant field from a recognized university
- Ten (10) years’ work experience out of which four (4) Years must have been in management position in operations.
- Proficiency in Computer applications
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
The following credentials will be an added advantage;
- Membership by a relevant professional body in good standing.
Candidates to be selected must adhere to the provisions on Leadership and Integrity as enshrined in Chapter VI of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
How to Apply
Successful candidates will be required to submit valid compliance certificates from Kenya Revenue Authority, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission, a registered Credit Reference Bureau, Higher Education Loans Board and a certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations.
Bandari Maritime Academy is an equal opportunity Employer promoting gender, equity and diversity.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Applications should be addressed to: –
The Ag. Director/CEO,
Bandari Maritime Academy,
Bishop Makarios Close,
P.O. Box 99409-80107,
Prospective candidates should submit applications in soft copy (in pdf format). The Application form should be downloaded and completed from the Academy website at: www.bma.ac.ke. The completed application form accompanied with a detailed CV (with at least three referees), copies of academic and professional certificates to be emailed to [email protected] so as to reach the Academy not later than 5:00pm Kenyan time on 7th November , 2022. Applications received after the specified time will not be considered.