Bakers Job, Current Hotel Jobs,
Our client, Society Stores Supermarket, a fast-growing mass market Kenyan supermarket focused on delivering quality goods at affordable prices, is looking for a dynamic, innovative and result-orientated individual to fill in the following position:
Reporting to the Bakery Supervisor, the Bakers will be responsible for preparing breads, cakes, pastries and other general items made of flours of the highest quality in terms of freshness, taste, and consistency, with strict adherence to food and health guidelines and in accordance with Society Stores Supermarket policies, procedures, and standards established to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
- Observing high level of hygiene and cleanliness at the work stations at all times
- Accounting for all raw materials issued from the main raw material store to the section working on accountability
- Ensuring strict adherence to the recipes and appropriate processes while making various products
- Reporting on any reduced yields per kit and damages to the HOD.
- Ensuring records are filled with the correct information/ production quantities/Yields at all times.
- Adhering to food safety rules at all times
- Ensuring good personal grooming and dressing in clean uniforms is maintained at all times
- Making sure documentations and SOP are being followed and reporting on any challenges to the management if any
- Reporting on any misconduct or non-performance of any member of staff on- time to the HOD
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Certificate/Diploma in baking or related course
- At least 2 years of experience in baking
- In depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and baking techniques and nutrition
- Working knowledge of baking with ingredient limitations (pastries that are gluten free, sugarless etc.)
- Good numerical skills.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Awareness of safety and hygiene rules.
- Reasonable level of physical fitness.
- Ability to work in a team and good leadership skills
How To Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com the subject heading ‘BAKER by 22nd December 2020 clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees. The position is filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.