Digital Content Officer Job at African Wildlife Foundation
For more than 50 years, the African Wildlife Foundation (AWF) has been a key player in African conservation and sustainable development. AWF is seeking a qualified candidate to support its brand awareness efforts and further position AWF as Africa’s conservation leader.
The incumbent will play a key role in AWF’s digital marketing efforts focusing on creating, editing and optimizing compelling content to ensure the breadth of our work is communicated across AWF’s websites, blogs and marketing campaign. This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya and report to Digital Marketing Manager.
Digital Content Officer Job Responsibilities
- Plan and maintain editorial calendar to ensure coverage of new programs and projects — and consistent updates to existing content across AWF’s websites.
- Liaise with field and program staff, ensuring AWF’s websites and other digital properties reflect key program efforts and impacts in real-time.
- Conceptualize, research and write interesting content, maintaining a strong brand voice and ensuring AWF upholds its reputation as the authority on African conservation
- Collaborate cross-organizationally to create and maintain web content that serves the needs of various business units.
- Work with closely with Digital Marketing Manager to build and implement AWF’s digital content strategy across websites, blogs, social media and other channels as needed.
- Review, edit and optimize articles, news stories and other content submitted by the organization’s stakeholders with a keen eye for SEO best practices and editorial guidelines.
- Collaborate with staff to regularly produce articles by a variety of authors, providing guidance on topics and best practices.
- Develop digital content for partner sites and co-marketing endeavors.
- Identify key trends and topics, test content performance and report on key metrics.
- Coordinate with internal and external teams to ensure all of AWF’s digital content adheres to best practices, SEO and key messages.
- Identify and build relationships with new and established online publishing and content platforms to place AWF’s content on external sites and build quality links.
- Work with Digital Design and Development Specialist to create complimentary digital assets as needed.
- Keep their finger on the pulse of new content and digital trends and platforms. Develop content for new channels and platforms, as needed.
Qualifications for the Digital Content Officer Job
- Bachelor’s degree with 3+ year(s) of experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with the ability to draft copy quickly for a variety of audiences
- Audience-first mindset and the ability to ensure we live out our brand promise and communicate our work consistently across channels
- Basic HTML experience
- Experience with CMS platforms
- Understanding of basic SEO principles and best practices
- Strong research skills and ability to translate complex ideas and issues into easily understood messages
- Experience working the Adobe Creative Suite not required, but a plus
- Ability to manage multiple projects while adhering to deadlines
- Keen interest or experience in Africa’s wildlife/land/people preferred, but not required
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to apply through http://www.awf.org/about/careers . Please send a cover letter, your detailed CV as a single PDF document indicating daytime telephone numbers, address and names of three referees with the Job Title in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Closing date is August 30, 2017
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.