Team Leader Job, Current Agricultural Jobs Kenya 2022,
Our Client with operations in rural Kenya is seeking to engage a Team Leader-Livelihoods. The incumbent shall implement and coordinate the Livelihoods Strategy including the wellbeing of the Livelihoods Department.
- Ensure that the Livelihoods Strategy is designed to create impact at the household and cooperative level;
- Manage all Livelihoods related training and activities to the cooperatives by leveraging on existing cooperative structures. Ensure that field operations run smoothly including effective training, etc. You will be held accountable for poor crop and dairy yield due to inadequate training and husbandry practices;
- Ensure that there is adequate, relevant and timely extension services to farmers by field teams;
- Troubleshoot all field related reports by either the field team or cooperatives’ staff from a more informed perspective and be able to advise your supervisor and required management staff accordingly;
- Enhance accountability across field staff by ensuring that they are competent in performing their roles and that they are able to achieve set targets; weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly, etc.; you will also develop and mentor the field team;
- Achieve predetermined short-and-long term goals related to the Livelihoods program;
- Manage program budget efficiently to meet predetermined goals;
- Develop high level strategy including but not limited to: County scaling, pilot crops, innovative crop and dairy practices, leadership development and staffing;
- Research and develop the relevant Livelihoods training guides, drawing from best practices and resources throughout the Agricultural sector;
- Develop and maintain partnership and contact with professional organizations for the purpose of maintaining and iterating on Agricultural practices; ensuring access to quality, affordable and timely agricultural inputs and services;
- Work with M&E team to develop new tools to monitor and evaluate impact of the Livelihoods Program;
- Write and post blogs in the Organization’s website every quarter in order to give updates on major programmatic events;
- Facilitate the BOD members in collecting information concerning livelihood and business alternatives, synthesizing the information, and evaluating it for decision making;
- Ensure the program team coordinate the co-operative members and collaborate with external stakeholders such as County and National governments, development organizations, business groups and the general public to achieve program goals;
- Be the principal Livelihoods liaison between the co-operatives, relevant government line Ministries and the Organization;
Assist the Team Leader-Cooperatives Strategy in management of the aggregation, buying, storing, and selling operations of produce as required;
- Research and explore funding and investment opportunities for improving or expanding the Organization and the Livelihoods Program for the benefit of the Cooperative members;
- Inform the organization and cooperative members on pertinent laws and policies, best practices, registration procedures, among others;
- Coordinate with the Leadership team to organise training for cooperative members for capacity-building on business plan development in line with their livelihoods;
- Provide support in the development of financial models that appropriately balance farmer welfare, cooperatives and organizational sustainability; the goal is to ensure farmers engage in profitable livelihoods;
- Liaise with relevant government officers to maintain functional relationships and resolve any policy and administrative issues that may arise;
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly reports and ensure the timely submission accordingly;
- You will comply with the organization Code of Conduct policy; you agree that going against the code is unacceptable and may lead to termination of your employment agreement
- Perform other duties as shall be assigned to you.
- Masters Degree will be an added advantage
- BSc in Agriculture and Animal Health or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills
- Drive, competence, flexibility and a willingness to learn
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask
- The ability to cope with pressure
- Good teamwork, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in English and Swahili languages
- Willingness to be based in the rural remote communities where the organization operates
- Strong attention to detail
- Passion for the organizations vision and mission
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their CV and application letter briefly describing his or her motivation for the position and highlight relevant experience to [email protected] on or before 31st March 2022. Only qualified candidates should apply. Applicants must quote the Position on application Subject. Women are encouraged to apply.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.