Speech and Language Therapist Job, Latest Job Vacancies In Kenya,
JOB TITLE: SPEECH AND LANGUAGE THERAPIST
Overview of the Position
Our Client in the education sector is seeking to hire a flexible, resourceful Speech and Language Therapist who will facilitate in the treatment of speech and language disorders such as stammers, stutters, tourettes and mutism. Responsibilities include performing learner assessments, developing individual treatment plans, liaising with teachers, family members, and other healthcare professionals, administering therapy and monitoring progress, and ensuring learners and their families are informed of new treatments and therapy techniques.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the early recognition and prevention of educational problems.
- Monitor student progress and make informed, timely, and educational decisions.
- Conduct speech, language, and hearing screenings and diagnostic evaluations to determine the need for clinical services.
- Participate in the comprehensive evaluation, review, and re-evaluation process.
- Participate in the development of student IEP’s.
- Engage parents, teachers, administrators, and others to determine the students’ needs and available special services.
- Assist teachers in the development and implementation of curriculum modifications and appropriate classroom strategies.
- Plan and implement transitional programs for students.
- Bachelor’s degree/ Diploma in Speech and Language Therapy
- 3 years relevant experience
- Valid certificate of good conduct
- Member of Kenya Speech and Language Therapist Association of Kenya
How to Apply
Qualified and interested applicants should send their CVs and application letters to [email protected] with the subject ‘Speech and Language Therapist’. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.