Matron Job, Latest Kenyan Jobs,
JOB TITLE: MATRON
Overview of the Position
Our client in the Education Sector, a boarding primary school in Nairobi is looking for a Matron. She will be responsible and in charge of the welfare of the learners through supervision of the health and wellbeing of the learners. She will also be in charge of the learner’s social welfare, accommodation, meals, guidance and counseling
- Management of the boarding facility including taking full responsibility for the development, review and communication of the boarding schedule, boarding requirements and boarding rules.
- Take charge of discipline for the boarders by ensuring that institutional philosophy is fairly and reasonably at all times adhered.
- Be involved in the children’s extra-curricular activities – this includes boarding house activities and recreational activities such as entertainment, sports and any other chosen activities.
- Ensure that reports are compiled and shared as per the institutional management policies.
- Ensure that sufficient resources and time are allocated to designated staff in the boarding house to discharge their responsibilities.
- Responsible for the supervision of boarding assistants and ensuring that they are performing their tasks as expected and as per their job descriptions
- Fostering mutually respectful relationships with parents, guardians, management, staff and all stakeholders.
- Ensuring high standards of personal grooming, health and safety of the learners.
- Attend to sick learners; keep a record of their progress and ensuring that they are well taken care of.
- Preferably a female, mature registered nurse.
- In depth knowledge of a school environment will be an added advantage.
- Preferably a born again Christian.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
How To Apply
Send your CV and cover letter clearly indicating current and expected remuneration to [email protected] with subject line being the position applied for. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.