Head of Boarding Department Job, Latest Kenya Jobs 2022,
JOB TITLE: HEAD OF DEPARTMENT BOARDING
Overview of the Position
Our client in the Education Sector is looking for a Head of Department Boarding. They will be responsible for and in charge of the welfare of the pupils through supervision of the health and wellbeing of the pupils and looking after the social welfare, accommodation, meals and counseling of the learners in our boarding.
MANAGEMENT OF THE BOARDING
- Responsible for the development, review, and communication of the boarding schedule, boarding requirements, and boarding rules.
- Ensures that all staff working in the boarding area are aware of the schedule and rules of the boarding.
- Ensure that all boarding children are aware of the boarding schedule and boarding rules.
- Ensure that the boarding schedule and rules are adhered to, and where relevant recommend for changes to be made.
- In charge of discipline for the boarders by ensuring that School’s philosophy is fair and reasonable at all times. This requires close liaison with the boarding assistants and boarding master.
CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES (Including Mentorship and Life Skills)
- Be involved in engaging the children in holistic motivation that is necessary to pursue their academic work in lessons, in study periods.
- Ensure that students have mentorship/life skills program every term that is reported to parents at the end of the term.
- Be involved in the children’s efforts in their co-curricular – this includes School, boarding house activities, and recreational activities such as entertainment, sports, and any other chosen activities.
- Liaises with the management to set termly and yearly departmental goals.
- To ensure that all members of the department are familiar with departmental aims and objectives within the framework of the school.
- Ensure submission of the following reports; daily, weekly, monthly and termly
- In charge of supervising and ensuring preparations of requisitions termly and monthly in line with the required specifications and according to the requirements of the department.
- Ensure that sufficient resources and time are allocated to enable the designated staff to discharge their responsibilities.
PERSONAL GROOMING, HEALTH, AND SAFETY
- Take primary responsibility in ensuring that children maintain good health and personal hygiene.
- Ensure that the children are wearing the correct, clean, and well-pressed School uniform as per the requirements of the school schedule and activities for the day.
- Ensure timely communication with parents and guardians in liaison with the office or management on issues that need to be reported.
- Responsible for the supervision of boarding assistants and boarding master, ensuring that they are performing their tasks as expected and as per their job descriptions.
- Ensure staff time management by the use of absence, lateness and leave forms, liaising closely with the HR and Operations office the same.
- Diploma/Certificate in House Keeping
- Counselling Qualification
- 3 years relevant experience
- Valid certificate of good conduct
Skills and Attributes
- Leadership and managerial skills
- Strong Interpersonal and communication Skills
- Project Management skills
- Computer Skills
How to Apply
Send your CV and cover letter clearly indicating current and expected remuneration to [email protected] with subject line being the position applied for. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.