Head Of Department- Transport Job, Latest Logistics Jobs In Kenya 2022,
Overview of the Position
Our client a Christian School in the Education Sector is looking for a Head of Department-Transport. S/He will be responsible for the implementation of transportation policies, standards, and procedures per business and customers’ needs. The head of this department is also responsible for managing transport business resources, including manpower, resources, and outside suppliers.
- Capability and persuasiveness to manage resources and obtain goodwill from partners.
- The Head Department- Transport is responsible for the transportation of school and sees that the day-to-day operations are going on without any problems.
- Anticipate emerging transport operations parameters to determine future resource requirements.
- Communicate importance of achieving transportation operation timeframe outcomes with efficient use of resources.
- Communicate key messages resulting from transport operation’s data analysis to key stakeholders.
- Ensure Health and Safety, Environmental and driver’s license compliance, whilst delivering best in class customer service, measured against business KPIs for Safety, Service and Profitability.
- Provide creative, flexible, tenacious, diplomatic and consistent leadership to develop the transport team.
- Oversees cost control and KPI performance, actively seeking to improve efficiency, reduce operating costs, increasing margin whilst meeting budget as a minimum.
- Efficiently manage vehicles maintenance including, but not limited to, cost effectiveness, control of expenditure, service excellence and purchase order management.
REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS AND GENERAL MAINTAINTANCE
- Ensure all school vehicles are road worthy and meet minimum required standard by law.
- Ensure all drivers have required documentation before allocating a school bus/van and embarking on any trip
- Ensure that any/ all required servicing and renewal of certifications for both the vehicle and the select staff are in line.
- Ensure customer (learners and parents) complaints are dealt with promptly, firmly, and fairly.
- Communicate effectively with parents and respond to their requirements.
- Build positive and sustainable relationships with suppliers, partners, parents, and learners.
- Ensure constant communication to the transport team on any changes that require updates.
- Bachelors’ degree or Diploma in Logistics, business management
- 5 years of relevant managerial position
- Valid Driving License
- A valid certificate of good conduct
Skills and Attributes
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Computer Skills
- Excellent Customer care skills
- Creativity and problem-solving ability
- Incident management skills
- Must exhibit Christian values
- Project management skills
How to Apply
Send your CV and cover letter clearly indicating current and expected remuneration to [email protected] with the subject line being the position applied for. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.