Cook Job, Hotel Job Vacancies In Kenya,
Our client in the hospitality industry is looking to fill the above position to be based in Nairobi.
Responsible for preparing delicious meals in accordance with the restaurant’s recipe by ensuring consistency and maximum customer satisfaction while adhering to food and health guidelines.
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
- Ensure there is consistency in all dishes produced by following the recipe
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Check quality of ingredients
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages
- Portioning products when received and ensuring the right portion is issued to the customer.
- Labelling products and checking on expiry dates.
- Ensure that any product leaving the kitchen has a docket.
- Maintain good quality of production
- Ensure efficient, cost-effective operation and profitability of food production
- Train team members including service team on our dishes
- Any other assigned duties
- Proven experience as a cook
- Certificate from a culinary school; Diploma will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
- Ability to work in a team
- Very good communication skills
- Excellent physical condition and stamina
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their CV and application letter quoting their expected salary to [email protected]. This is an urgent position and will remain open until it’s filled. Only qualified candidates should apply.