Assistant Chef Job, Latest Kenyan Hotel Jobs 2022,
JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT CHEF
Saape Lounge is looking to fill in the above position, be based in Nairobi.
The Assistant Chef will work alongside the Head Chef and will be responsible for managing daily kitchen activities including; overseeing staff, assisting with menu development, ensuring food quality and freshness, monitoring ordering and stocking, and providing consistency in quality meals by following designated recipes resulting in outstanding guest satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage all activities in the kitchen including; food preparation, production, and presentation to meet restaurant standards and
- Ensure efficient, cost-effective operation and profitability of food production
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
- Ensure there is consistency in all dishes produced by following the recipe
- Keep a sanitized, clean, hygienic and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Check the quality of ingredients
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages
- Train team members including the service team on our dishes
- Maintain good quality of production by following the recipe
- Ensure that food product, presentation, and plating are of the highest quality and are prepared to serve in a timely manner
- Ensure compliance with the health and safety standards in the kitchen department.
- Any other assigned duties.
- Diploma in food production. A Bachelor of Science degree in culinary Science will be an added advantage
- 2+years of experience as a chef
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
- Ability to work in a team
- Very good communication skills
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their CV and application letter to [email protected]. This is an urgent position and will remain open until it’s filled. Only qualified candidates should apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.