Auto Center Service Advisor Job, Latest Engineering Job Vacancies in Kenya,
AUTO CENTER SERVICE ADVISOR – NAIROBI.
Our client in the automotive industry is recruiting for a service advisor for an auto center/workshop. A Service Advisor is a link between floor technicians, manager and customers. He/she will assist customers in determining problems with their vehicles while providing accurate repair descriptions to technicians. In addition, he/she will be responsible for engaging clients, listening to customer concerns, scheduling service appointments and estimating repair costs.
- Greeting customers and directing them to an available technician
- Consulting with the manager and technicians about customer concerns and preparing repair estimates.
- Opening up and printing customer job cards
- Upselling services related to the unit.
- Informing customers about potential cost savings and warranty protections
- Supporting the manager in overseeing and managing the service center’s scheduling and workflow to ensure that work flows smoothly and efficiently.
- Keeping the client posted on work in progress.
- Following up on the progress of jobs and confirming the floor technicians are up to schedule.
- Providing information to the manager on completed work and relaying any complaints from the workshop.
- Responsible for test driving vehicles, conducting Pre-delivery inspection (PDI) inspections and verifying insurance processes.
- Other tasks as assigned by the manager.
Qualifications and skills
- Diploma in automotive engineering or related industry is a desirable.
- At least one year experience in an auto center/workshop is a MUST
- Customer service skills, being courteous and friendly is essential. Ability to handle customer complaints diplomatically and politely.
- Communication skills: As a liaison between the customer and technician, a Service Advisor needs to be able to clearly explain the technician’s repair recommendations to customers while communicating customer needs to technicians.
- Engineering and mechanical expertise
- Troubleshooting skills: Service Advisors need to be able to think on their feet and quickly resolve issues when customers change their minds about service work, repairs are running behind schedule or parts arrive late.
- Math and writing skills: Service Advisors prepare and calculate estimates so having good math and writing skills are an essential part of the job.
- Have organizational skills and time management.
- Have leadership skills and a team player
- Be able to communicate well, be neat and presentable.
How To Apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their applications and detailed CV indicating expected salary to [email protected] on or before 18th August 2021.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.