In order to carry out this mandate effectively, the Authority wishes to fill the following vacant positions with creative, proactive, visionary and tenacious Kenyan citizens with the ability to quickly adapt to a dynamic work environment.
Job Title: DIRECTOR, AUDIT SERVICES KeNHA GRADE 2 1 Position
Terms of Service: Contract
Place of Work: Headquarters
Directorate: Audit Services
Reporting to: Director General
Supervises: Assistant Director, Audit Services
The job holder shall undertake leadership role in the Directorates of Audit Services and shall be the Secretary to the Audit, Risk and Governance Committee of the Board.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
- Overseeing the preparation of the Internal Audit systems, procedures and guidelines incorporating risk based approach;
- Supervising the preparation of work programmes to ensure that audits are planned and well managed;
- Providing assurance of the effectiveness of the Authority’s management operations and controls;
- Ensuring that the Internal Audit systems, procedures and guidelines are prepared and approved;
- Reviewing internal controls and documenting their effectiveness and adequacy;
- Recommending mitigation measures to address identified weaknesses where necessary;
- Ensuring that the accounting, administration and other operations comply with the Authority’s Management policies;
- Overseeing the preparation and submission of audit reports to the Director General and the Board;
- Liaising with the Auditor General to ensure follow up on the process of implementation of internal and external audit recommendations;
- Managing performance in the Directorate of Audit Services ;
- Training and developing of staff of the Directorate.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- A minimum twelve (12) years in relevant work and at least five (5) years in Senior Management role in a position in the Public Service or in the Private Sector;
- Master’s Degree in any of the following fields: Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Mathematics, Statistics or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Bachelors Degree in any of the following fields: Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Economics, Civil Engineering, Information Technology or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Be in possession of any of the following: Certified Public Accountants (CPA K), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Association of Certified Chartered Accountant (ACCA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certificate in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA) or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Full membership with ICPAK and from either IIA, ISACA, ACCA, ACFE or any other recognized professional body;
- A letter of good standing from ICPAK and from either IIA, ISACA, ACCA, ACFE or any other recognized professional body;
- Demonstrated Leadership and Management Competency including Project Management skills.
- Proven Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
How To Apply
Candidates who meet the requirements detailed in the Job Specifications should submit their applications so as to reach the specific address shown below by close of business on 7th December 2020 at 5.00pm. Applications to include CVs with details of day time contacts, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment where successful, names and contacts of three referees. Applicants must also attach copies of all Certificates/Testimonials and copies of National ID or Passport.
Applications for the positions of Director, Audit Services Grade 2; Deputy Director, Research & Innovation Grade 3 and Deputy Director, Corporate Communications Grade 3 clearly quoting the reference number (as shown in the detailed Job Specifications) should be hand delivered and inserted in the Recruitment box placed on the 4th Floor (Outside the Director General’s Office) OR Emailed to Boardrecruitment@kenha.co.ke. And addressed to:-
The Chairman-Board of Directors, Kenya National Highways Authority,
Barabara Plaza, Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA) Off Airport South Road, along Mazao Road.
P.O. Box 49712 – 00100 Nairobi.
Applications for the positions of Assistant Director, Social Safeguards Grade 4; Assistant Director, Audit Services Grade 4; Assistant Director, Legal Services Grade 4 ; Senior Internal Auditor Grade 5; Senior Knowledge Management Officer Grade 5 ; Internal Auditor Grade 6 and Security Officer Grade 6 clearly quoting the reference number should be hand delivered and inserted in the Recruitment box placed on the 2nd Floor (Outside the HRM Department Office OR Emailed to Managementrecruitment@kenha.co.ke. , and addressed to:-
The Director General,
Kenya National Highways Authority,
Barabara Plaza, Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA) Off Airport South Road, along Mazao Road
P.O. Box 49712 – 00100 Nairobi.
Applications without the relevant qualifications, copies of documentation /details will not be considered. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.