Audit Services Assistant Director Job, Current Audit Jobs,
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, AUDIT SERVICES KeNHA GRADE 4 – (Ref. No. KeNHA/AD-AUDIT/020/2020)
Job Title: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, AUDIT SERVICES KeNHA GRADE 4 1 Position
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable
Place of Work: Headquarters
Directorate: Audit Services
Reporting to: Deputy Director, Audit Services
Supervises: Senior Internal Auditor
The job holder will be responsible for implementation of internal audit programmes and controls in order to manage key risks in the Authority and preparation of periodic audit reports
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
- developing a comprehensive programme of engagement coverage for assigned areas;
- ensuring conformity to acceptable standards, plans, budgets and schedules;
- assisting in the preparation of specific audit assignment plans and programmes;
- performing audit tests on the internal controls in accounting, administrative and operational procedures;
- ensuring that the audit findings are properly documented;
- preparing draft audit reports detailing audit findings;
- leading specific audit teams; and
- preparing periodic audit reports.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- A minimum eight (8) years in relevant work and at least three (3) years in a supervisory role in comparable position in the Public Service or in the Private Sector;
- Master’s Degree in any of the following fields: Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Mathematics, Statistics or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Bachelors Degree in any of the following fields: Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Economics, Civil Engineering, Information Technology or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Be in possession of any of the following Certified Public Accountants (CPA K), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Association of Certified Chartered Accountant (ACCA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certificate in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA) or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Full membership with ICPAK and either IIA, ISACA, ACCA, ACFE or any other recognized professional body;
- A letter of good standing from with ICPAK and either IIA, ISACA, ACCA, ACFE or any other recognized professional body;
- Demonstrated Management Competency including Project Management skills;
- Proven Proficiency in computer applications;and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
How To Apply
Candidates who meet the requirements detailed in the Job Specifications should submit their applications so as to reach the specific address shown below by close of business on 7th December 2020 at 5.00pm. Applications to include CVs with details of day time contacts, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment where successful, names and contacts of three referees. Applicants must also attach copies of all Certificates/Testimonials and copies of National ID or Passport.
Applications for the positions of Director, Audit Services Grade 2; Deputy Director, Research & Innovation Grade 3 and Deputy Director, Corporate Communications Grade 3 clearly quoting the reference number (as shown in the detailed Job Specifications) should be hand delivered and inserted in the Recruitment box placed on the 4th Floor (Outside the Director General’s Office) OR Emailed to Boardrecruitment@kenha.co.ke. And addressed to:-
The Chairman-Board of Directors, Kenya National Highways Authority,
Barabara Plaza, Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA) Off Airport South Road, along Mazao Road.
P.O. Box 49712 – 00100 Nairobi.
Applications for the positions of Assistant Director, Social Safeguards Grade 4; Assistant Director, Audit Services Grade 4; Assistant Director, Legal Services Grade 4 ; Senior Internal Auditor Grade 5; Senior Knowledge Management Officer Grade 5 ; Internal Auditor Grade 6 and Security Officer Grade 6 clearly quoting the reference number should be hand delivered and inserted in the Recruitment box placed on the 2nd Floor (Outside the HRM Department Office OR Emailed to Managementrecruitment@kenha.co.ke. , and addressed to:-
The Director General,
Kenya National Highways Authority,
Barabara Plaza, Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA) Off Airport South Road, along Mazao Road
P.O. Box 49712 – 00100 Nairobi.
Applications without the relevant qualifications, copies of documentation /details will not be considered. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.