FilmAid Kenya (FilmAid) is a development and humanitarian organization that harnesses the power and influence of film, media, and the arts to respond to displaced communities in need as well as promote social change. Using a participatory community-based approach, FilmAid provides displaced people with actionable information about their rights, their safety, their health, and their future. Using compelling video, radio, print, SMS, and digital media campaigns, FilmAid reaches over 400,000 people every year. Additionally, FilmAid’s 12-month Media training courses empower the next generation of storytellers with the skills they need to advocate for themselves, their community, and their right to a future filled with Hope. We believe that it is only by leveraging the talent and tenacity of refugee communities themselves that FilmAid can Project Hope, and Change Lives.
Coordinate the development and distribution of audio content for ongoing projects in Kakuma, in collaboration with the Creative and Content Manager and Field Manager.
- Coordinate production of all radio dramas, radio spots and other audio content in the Kakuma field office.
- Ensure production of work plans, schemes of work, and support reporting on productions and training outcomes effectively and promptly.
- Ensure compliance with audio production standards and formats and high-quality, engaging content that responds to consumers’/ communities’ information needs.
- Develop Content Generators recruitment standards that are competitive, objective, and inclusive.
- Maintain high quality of the training program using evaluation tools that are industry standard.
- Participate in the development of funding proposal, strategic and annual planning by providing evidence of strategies, research, SOP’s and relevant experience about information campaigns projects using audio.
- Comply with participatory and collaborative approaches when implementing the project, taking into consideration the needs of listeners, gender, child and adult safeguarding, and sound journalism ethics.
- To be familiar with and report any violation of FilmAid Code of Conduct including any acts of Fraud and corruption to the Field Manager or the Country Director.
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
-Minimum Bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism or related field.
- Minimum four (4) years of progressively responsible professional work experience in commercial and community radio.
- Highly developed communication skills and excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Ability to oversee creative productions in multiple languages and formats
- Thorough understanding of the principles of Creative Copyright issues.
- Experience in conflict-sensitive reporting.
- Experience working with refugees and host communities
- Spoken and written French or Arabic or Turkana or German is desirable
- Experience working within an international, multi-lingual environment and ability to work well under pressure in challenging situations.
Skills and Competencies:
- Well organized, adaptable, with excellent planning, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
- Imaginative, creative, and artistic.
- Effective leadership, management, and supervision of implementing teams.
- The successful candidate is committed to child & adult safeguarding principles and humanitarian principles and action.
- To have a clear overview of what has happened, what is happening, and what is going to happen.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and approach projects with a flexible and adaptable mindset.
- Hands-on, detail-oriented,
- Solution Oriented
- Ability to change challenges into opportunity
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons with the required experience are invited to submit their applications with only Cover Letter, CV and 3 references to Email address: [email protected] on or before 27th Nov, 2020. Please indicate on the subject line of you application as ‘Audio Content Producer’.
Note that applicants who send letters of references, testimonials or any other documents apart from those requested will be automatically disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
FilmAid is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Au