Reporting to the Hospital Engineer – Biomedical, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring proper functioning, safety and sound condition of all medical equipment at ICU & Theatre, and that they are in optimum working condition and available for use at all times amongst the following other responsibilities;
- Ensure all bio-medical equipment in ICU and Theatre are included on the Preventive Maintenance Master Schedule.
- Ensure on schedule preventive maintenance, and timely repairs to ICU and Theatres to eliminate downtime.
- Maintain files and records of all job cards, PPM schedules and tasks as performed.
- Timely handling of all biomedical equipment job requests in ICU and Theatre.
- Ensure continuous training of Bio-medical equipment users and to ensure safe machine handling.
- Evaluate the safety, efficiency and effectiveness of medical equipment, report and implement recommendations.
- Identify gaps and risks in biomedical equipment and share with head of department for execution.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Degree in Bio -Medical engineering from a recognized institution.
- Valid practicing License.
- Demonstrated experience in Maintenance management.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience, in a maintenance function in a busy hospital industry.
- Proven experience in ICU & theatre.
- Excellent organizational, decision-making and planning skills.
- Good interpersonal and customer relation skills.
- Computer literacy skills with demonstrated knowledge.
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application quoting the reference and include your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees to:
Ag. Human Resources Director
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026 – 00100
To be received not later than 22nd March 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.