Reports To: Head Cashier
Department: Clinical Operations
This position is responsible for receiving and disbursing money at the point of payment. Usually involves use of electronic scanners, cash registers, or related equipment. Often involved in processing cash, credit or debit card transactions and validating checks.
- Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Maintain correct cash balances at cash registers.
- Establish or identify prices of services or admission, and tabulate bills using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners.
- Calculate total payments received during a time period, and reconcile this with total sales.
- Compute and record totals of transactions.
- Keep periodic balance sheets of amounts and numbers of transactions.
- Post charges against patients’ accounts.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
- CPA part 1
- Completed secondary school education (KCSE C+)
- At least 1 year proven experience working as a cashier or equivalent in a (busy) health facility with good experience and strong commitment to providing friendly and respectful care to all patients.
- Excellent analytics and experience with financial statements, QuickBooks, and Excel
- Basic computer knowledge and familiarity with electronic equipment (e.g. cash register, scanners, money counters etc.)
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Attention to detail and mathematical skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively with a team in a culturally diverse environment
- Willingness to work night shifts as needed
- Great customer service
How to Apply
Job applications to be sent to [email protected]
Deadline is Thursday, 15th November 2018.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.