Animal Health Officer Job, Current Agricultural Jobs In Kenya,
The County Government of Vihiga is seeking to recruit highly transformative and dynamic self-driven individuals with a highly degree of integrity, result oriented, demonstrable professionalism, competence and impeccable capability to fill the following positions within its staff establishment.
Assistant Animal Health Officer III (Meat Inspectors) Job Group H (7 POSTS)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participating in animal health field, extension, demonstrations and agricultural shows;
- Participating in sample collection and dispatch;
- Inspecting livestock stock routes;
- Collecting data and writing technical reports
- Demonstrating and training on milking techniques and external parasite control techniques such as Deeping, spraying and dusting
- Carrying out vaccination, closed castration, dehorning, ear tagging, branding, deworming, disbudding, docking, debecking and hoof trimming.
- Carrying out simple treatment of animals;
- Participating in disease such and reporting;
- Keeping records on animal breeding, animal health, milk production, Deeping
- Maintaining dairy units
- Diploma in Animal health, Environmental Health, Animal Health and Production from a recognized institution
- Be registered by the Kenya Veterinary Board
- Certificate in Computer applications from a recognized Institution (added advantage).
- Training in meat hygiene will be an added advantage
- At least one (1) year experience in a comparable and relevant position
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application with copies of their National Identity/passport, Academic & Professional certificates and current Chapter Six compliance certificates to the undersigned on or before 26th day of October 2020
SECRETARY/CEO VIHIGA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD P.O BOX 880-50300