The Flying Doctors’ Society of Africa (FDSA) is a leading fundraising organization in East Africa, established in 1971 to spread Medical Outreach in Africa. FSDA raises funds through the sale of membership to the Society, donations, sale of branded items and fund raising activities/events. They are seeking to recruit an Assistant Accountant to join their team.
Provide support in the Finance and Admin function through the timely and accurate processing of financial and accounting data and the provision of basic reports that support the decision making process at FDSA.
- Accurate and timely posting of data into the accounting system i.e. receipts, payments and, journals.
- Timely and accurate preparation of invoices, debit notes, credit notes as well as filing them appropriately to ensure easy retrieval/reference
- Maintenance of the stock level records in the system including verification of values, preparing stock reports and participating in stock taking.
- Updating and maintaining the debtors and creditors accounts in the system.
- Processing payments and grants/donations, ensuring all supporting documents are attached and appropriately approved.
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliation statements for all the organizations bank accounts
- Timely and accurate preparation of consolidated monthly and annual financial statements and reports in accordance with accounting principles
- Raising of local purchase orders in a timely and accurately as per the quotations.
- Participate in the preparation of year end society accounts
- Assist in the budget preparation and variance analysis
- Participate in the internal audit reviews as required in accordance with the audit plan through provision of the required information
- Managing the asset register
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor
- CPA Finalist
- 2 years relevant post professional qualification experience
- Experience using Pastel Accounting system
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Good organization and team working skills
- Highest level of personal and professional integrity
How to Apply
Apply Now via our recruitment portal. This will require you to create a profile; in addition attach your detailed and up to date CV and a cover letter demonstrating how you meet our requirements.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications. Visit our website for more vacancies.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.