Arifu is looking to hire a Project Management Associate to drive the success of our multi-country learning platform and enhance Arifu’s value proposition to our clients and end-users. This is a full-time remote position. The Project Management Associate is responsible for collaborating effectively with the project management team to manage and streamline all project management processes across multi-functional teams to ensure quality implementation and delivery of Arifu’s products and services to our partners and learners. Delivering excellence at Arifu depends on efficient cross-team collaboration working with learning experts, computer scientists, corporate partnership development teams, as well as social scientists. As such, the Project Management Associate needs to absolutely love taking on new challenges, bring a problem-solving focus, and be willing to have fun under pressure while being uncompromising on quality delivery. Lastly, they should be driven by an entrepreneurial spirit, be able to
write and communicate to different audiences, and love learning from the variety of skill-sets and experiences at Arifu and Arifu’s partners.
Most importantly, if you feel you have many of these attributes, but not all, no worries! We do not expect you to be superhuman. The most invaluable trait you can bring to Arifu is your ability to identify areas for growth, bring a deep willingness to learn, and let us invest in you.
Working closely with the entire team, the Project Management Associate will be responsible for:
- Actively collaborating with the data, content, and tech teams in managing all aspects of the project lifecycle with a view of ensuring that Arifu’s digital learning experience is able to meet partners’ objectives and learners needs.
- Developing, tracking, and updating workflows, work plans, budgets, and project timelines with the team and managing the team’s performance of project tasks and activities.
- Managing all project data and deadline tracking including meeting notes, task lists, all critical deadlines and dates on project calendars, in addition to auditing and ensuring all project documentation has been uploaded to the project folders on the GDrive.
- Providing day-to-day support to project teams and partners, ensuring compliance with partnership contracts as well as applicable regulations.
- Ensuring and maintaining effective communication both internally and with partners, including but not limited to project status updates, progress reports, risk mitigation, and adequate escalation of issues as needed, making sure the project is delivered on budget, on schedule, and within scope.
- Contributing to establishing company-wide information systems and database management, as well as all business function documentation and training.
- Maintaining project budgets, budget to actual (BTA) reports, the deliverable tracker, and mapping them to project timelines to anticipate cash flow needs.
- Scoping new projects and performing stakeholder analysis and mapping, identifying potential project impacts/risks.
- Drafting, disseminating, and maintaining Project Specs documentation.
- Effectively applying interpersonal, negotiation and leadership skills to guide, support, and inspire the project team and direct forward movement on the project timeline.
- Determining and contributing to the body of knowledge in digital learning and policy development.
- Securing buy-in, feedback and approvals on all project deliverables from all stakeholders.
- Establishing and maintaining metrics to monitor performance against set objectives.
- A desire to impact lives, the ability to make a long-term commitment to your team and the product, and exceptional problem solving abilities are all essential prerequisites on the Arifu team. For this role, we’re also looking for someone who meets the following criteria:
- A first degree in a relevant subject, for example Project Management, Business Administration, etc.
- 3 – 4 years of professional experience in a busy projects office.
- Ability to perform under pressure and to tactfully navigate power dynamics in high stakes situations.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills to exercise independent judgment and decision making.
- Excellent habits and discipline in creating and maintaining documentation to improve operational efficiency.
- Persuasive verbal and written communication skills. Fluency in English required. Fluency in Swahili preferred.
- Grit and resourcefulness in the pursuit of solutions to the problems that stand in your way.
- Ability to handle the chaos of a fast-paced startup work culture and a willingness to take on additional tasks and support the work of other team members as necessary to achieve collective goals.
Compensation and Benefits
First and foremost, we care about your success. This is because investment in our team members is the only driver of Arifu’s success. We offer competitive compensation packages including participation in the Arifu Rewards Program. We also offer a comprehensive health insurance package. Other benefits include monthly airtime allowance, and remote work support and management tools, and plenty of online and offline extra-curricular activities.
Arifu is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant. Arifu does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
If we see a good fit, we’ll get back to you to set up a conversation. You will be required to upload your CV and cover letter as one document (maximum two pages for the CV and one page for the cover letter), so please have that ready. In your cover letter, convey how your prior experiences in university and work are relevant to Arifu’s mission and what motivates you to want to be apart of the team.
Should you have any concerns or challenges, please reach out to us via email (talent[email protected])
Applications will be accepted until 5pm East Africa time on 20th of September 2021.