Application Support Manager Job, IT Jobs In Kenya October,
Manager Application Support
- Understand the strategic direction of the enterprise and the supporting IT systems and architectures in line with emerging technological trends and utilize this knowledge to educate both IT and the business on opportunities to build better IT solutions that support and drive business decisions.
- Contribute to the architecture and technology needs of the organization based on new and emerging technologies and establish priorities and strategies consistent with business goals and economic viability.
- Develop and maintain the strategic and annual asset management plans aligned with the business strategy and budget, and in consultation with Procurement and Finance where applicable, develop asset needs assessment, acquisition management, operational and disposal plans.
- Responsible for assembling project plans and teamwork assignments of the IT Applications and Assets Management Team, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality and performance reviews; and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
- Responsible for tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers; coordinate communication with all areas of the enterprise that impact the scope, budget, risk, and resources of the work effort being managed.
- Develop risk management procedures, business continuance scenarios, contingency and disaster recovery plans for the managed central and distributed IT Applications to maintain operations during downtime and/or major disasters. Identify and makes recommendations regarding critical points of failure. Develop and implement procedures for business continuance and disaster recovery plans. Proactive in building processes to minimize/eliminate
- Develop Requests for Proposals (RFP). Review proposed systems software for fitness for purpose and compliance with applicable quality assurance standards before acquisition.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Information Technology or related field of study.
- Professional qualifications such as MCSE or MCITP.
- Project Management is added advantage.
- 7 years experience in Information Technology with at least 5 years in:Internet Technologies,Operating Systems, Database Management,LINUX/UNIX Administration
- Experience with Banking Applications.
- Experience in methods & techniques for installation, administration, monitoring, upgrading and problem resolution of central application software systems.
- Knowledge and experience in basic budgeting, contracting, purchasing practices, policies, and procedures in an IT environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including teamwork, facilitation, and customer relationship skills.
How to Apply
The above position is demanding; for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Friday 6th November 2020.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are invited to interview for any positions, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card.
- Birth Certificate of self.
- Passport Photo (White Background).
- NSSF Card.
- NHIF Card.
- Police Clearance Certificate (less than 5 Months old).
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts.
- Certificates of Service from previous employers as applicable.