Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is a leading Africa-based, African-led, international research institution headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya. APHRC conducts policy-relevant research on population, health, education, urbanization and related development issues in sub-Saharan Africa.
The APHRC seeks to recruit Laboratory Technicians to work in the Urbanization and Wellbeing in Africa Unit within the Research Division.
· Outlining the laboratory reagents and equipment specifications that will be needed for the project;
· Conducting proper laboratory set up and arrangement;
· Ensuring the right laboratory equipment and supplies that are required for the projects are specified during procurement;
· Coordinating with the field teams in ensuring implementation of protocols from the field;
· Maintaining good hygiene practices within the laboratory;
· Analyzing household and environmental samples from Nairobi and Kisumu for specific
enteric pathogens, and interpreting the results; and
· Maintaining a record of all samples received and analyzed, and ensuring safe storage of all samples received.
Qualifications and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Medical or Laboratory Biotechnology.
· Experience in nucleic acids (DNA/RNA) extraction.
· Experience in multi-pathogen detection and characterization using real time PCR.
· Experience in analysis and interpretation of PCR results.
· Experience in detecting bacterial phenotypes in various environmental samples.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply through our recruitment portal https://aphrc.org/vacancies/ by March 05, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted; shortlisted candidates will be required to have a Police Clearance Certificate. Cover letters should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center, Inc
APHRC Campus, Manga Close, off Kirawa Road, Kitisuru
P. O. Box 10787-GPO, Nairobi
APHRC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of vulnerable persons**
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter