Resource Mobilization Lead Job, HR Kenya Jobs June 2021,
Title: Resource Mobilization Lead
The Resource Mobilization Lead will lead the overall coordination, planning, development, and management of fundraising initiatives to mobilize resources. The Resource Mobilization Lead will also work towards identifying prospects for donor programs, collaborating with staff to track the progress of fundraising activities, conducting prospect research, and supporting grant proposal writing. The Resource Mobilization Lead will assist the Head of External Relations and CEO with ongoing engagement of funders and diversify the Foundation’s network of stakeholder by supporting external communication plans. The ideal candidate is passionate about building a great organization and comfortable with a fluid role in a dynamic environment. Initially, the Resource Mobilization Lead will report to the CEO until the Head of External Relations comes onboard.
As a new organization, staff are empowered to start new programs, institute best practices, and develop traditions that will define their experiences and those of their colleagues in the years to come. Innovation and entrepreneurship are valued and will be essential to the Foundation’s success. In addition to providing training, management-level advice, and mentoring, staff are supported to learn by positioning them as core members of program teams to drive public health impact..
- Lead prospect research on donors.
- Write briefing notes and other materials to support the CEO/Head of External Relations and others to lead on donor relationships effectively.
- Coordinate and engage with program teams to develop grant proposals and reports.
- Oversee donors’ stewardship activities that go above and beyond contractual reporting obligations. • Manage the Foundation’s donor database, including gift processing and progress reporting. • Strengthen relationship with Africa CDC partners to effectively coordinate resource mobilization efforts. • Support network building through a program of events and communication activities that can engage and inspire existing and potential supporters.
- Work with the Communication Lead to develop compelling narratives on the success stories of the Foundation for external use.
- Scan and monitor donor activity on the continent and engage with peer organizations to identify meaningful opportunities for the Foundation.
- Any other tasks as directed by the CEO
- A Bachelors Degree or higher required
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in the management of sales or fundraising in complex institutions
- Experience in successfully managing a pipeline of funding opportunities from prospect research to grant agreement, either in the private or not-for-profit sectors
- Strong sense of ethics in fundraising and handling complex gifts
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience of working with senior officials in public and/or private sector • Excellent written and personal communication skills, with the ability to explain complex issues in a straightforward and non-technical manner.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines, and working with flexibility in a collaborative, fast-paced, goal-oriented environment • Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and coach/manage junior team members Demonstrated fluency in English speaking and writing skills, proficiency in other AU official languages is a plus.
- Experience in resource mobilization and partnership development for public health initiatives • Experience developing and supporting multi-stakeholder platforms for collaboration, including supporting events and high level meetings
- Experience of working in different national and regional contexts in Africa
How to Apply
Please submit your application to [email protected] by 28th June 2021. Your application should include a resume and cover letter. Candidates selected for interviews will be invited for interviewing rounds to test their skills and to discuss their interests and experience. Candidates may be asked to come for interviews in-person at the APHF office, particularly in later stages of the interviewing rounds.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.