Par-time Resource Mobilizer Job, Latest NGO Jobs In Kenya 2022,
31 Oct 2022
The Association for the Physically Disabled of Kenya (APDK) is seeking for seasoned Resource Mobilizers/Fundraisers to join our pool of Resource Mobilizers/Fundraisers on a part time basis. In this role, you will use your expert communication skills and keen sense of initiative to spot fundraising opportunities, develop relationships with potential donors, and manage fundraising campaigns. By coordinating events, and writing proposals, you will hone your speaking, writing, and leadership abilities while moving APDK closer to its financial goals.
The ideal candidate will be motivated, professional, and organized, with a knack for research. We are looking for someone who believes in APDK’s mission and will demonstrate an exceptional drive to further our existing fundraising efforts and help strategize and deliver new ones.
Objectives of this Role
- Promote awareness of the organization’s mission and work
- Cultivate a network of dedicated donors and volunteers
- Spot new fundraising opportunities
- Plan Resource Mobilization/fundraising initiatives to help the organization meet financial goals
- Form strong relationships with external stakeholders
- Research individuals, corporations, and foundations that may be interested in gift-giving
- Effectively convey the organization’s mission, vision, and programs to potential donors
- Craft grant applications and resource mobilization/fundraising proposals
- Strategize and successfully execute resource mobilization/ fundraising campaigns
- Organize resource mobilization/fundraising events while overseeing teams of volunteers
- Work very closely with management from initiation to implementation to foster ownership of the project/s
Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of three years’ as a resource mobilizer/fundraising, sales, or marketing experience
- Exceptional communication and relationship-building skills
- Ability to lead and motivate colleagues and volunteers
- Strong attention to detail
- A passion for research
- Adept at managing tasks, planning events, and balancing priorities
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, business, public relations, or a related field
- Competence in Microsoft Office suite and donor management systems
- Experience writing grant proposals, press releases, and/or fundraising letters
- Confidence in public speaking
- Demonstrable knowledge of practical issues affecting persons with disabilities and their solutions leading to inclusive participation in society.
- Avid trainer/marketer
How to apply
Please note that this is a part-time job but will depend on the availability of funding opportunities nationally and internationally. It will also depend on the demonstration of the personal initiative of the Resource Mobilizer/Fundraiser to come up with innovative and creative ideas/concepts for funding. Payment will be made upon successful funding of the project. This will be based on APDK’s marketing policy which will be shared in advance with successful applicants.
Qualified applicants should send their applications to [email protected] before the deadline. There will be a negotiation with qualified applicants to be officially included in the APDK fundraising team. This will be renewed on annual basis depending on activities available and participation of the individual fundraiser.
31 Oct 2022