Head Steward Job, Hotel January 2021
Vacancy: Head Steward
Location: Kitisuru, Nairobi
Salary: KES 22,000Monthly
Namedafterthebeautiful,ancient,iconiccattlebreedofEastAfrica,theAnkoleWatusi, we aspire to bring you a unique African steak – houseexperience!
Weinviteyoutobepartofourteambysubmittingyourapplicationtothefollowingrole based inNairobi.T
TheHead Steward will supervise the cleaning of all the Food & Beverage production areasandkitchenwaresfromalloutletsbyKitchenStewardsinaccordancewithAnkole Grill policies, procedures, and standards established to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
- Supervise the operation and maintenance of cleaning equipment and tools, includingthedishwashingmachine,handwashstationspot-scrubbingstation,and trashcompactor.
- Operateandmaintaincleaningequipmentandtools,includingthedishwashing machine.
- Supervisethewashinganddisinfectingofthekitchenandstoreroomareas,tables, tools, knives, and equipment as per Ankole Grillguidelines.
- Work with the Events team to set up conference and banquetareas.
- Supervise the disposal, collection, and cleaning of the refusearea.
- Assistinthecreationofweeklyschedulesensuringyoumaintainadequatestaffing levels to meet business demands and maintaining staffbudgeting.
- Check the daily function sheet and make sure that the buffet dishes and other kitchen equipment needed for thefunction are ready when needed.
- Assign effective work schedules to KitchenStewards.
- Maximize productivity from all steward staff under yourshift.
- Ensure the safe storage, care and use of any chemicals, as per Ankole Grill guidelines.
- Ensure all equipment is clean and in good workingorder
- Check all chemical levels andinventory.
- Keep a record of all breakage as per Ankole Grillguidelines.
- Trains staff on proper use and dilution and dosage of all kinds of cleaning detergents.
- Toassistthestewardsonyourshiftwhentheyarepreparingforaspecialcleaning program or bigevent.
- Minimize the wastage of all operating supplies, in particularchemicals.
- Inadditiontotheabove,theHeadStewardmaybegivensuchotherduties,asthe Management may deemnecessary.
- 3years’experienceinthehospitalityindustryinasimilarrolepreferablyina4star or 5 Starestablishment.
- Excellent leadership motivation and team buildingskills.
- HACCP and hygienetraining.
- Strong safety and hygieneawareness.
- Understanding of maintenance of kitchenequipment.
- Knowledgeable about the culinaryindustry.
How to apply
Areyouinterestedinthispositionanddoyoumeettheminimumrequirements?Apply by sending an email with your CV and a convincing cover letter to
Include passport picture, current, expected salary and notice period with your CV. Duetotheurgencytofilltheposition,shortlistingwillbedoneonanongoingbasis. Only shortlisted candidates will becontacted.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.