Anesthetist Clinical Officer Job, Medical Jobs In Kenya October 2020,
Job Title: Registered Clinical Officer – Anaesthetist
Reporting to: Business Manager
We seek to recruit a Registered Clinical Officer Anaesthetist for the Nairobi based maternity home who is part of the Commercial Services Department and reports to the Business Manager. The RC0 – Anesthetist role plays an important part this role plays an important part in effective clinical teamwork and is responsible for high quality frontline service delivery to our clients. S/he must provide fast, efficient, professionally accurate services that meet and exceed our minimum quality standards for safe abortion, family planning and counselling services. S/he must actively take steps to highlight clinical issues arising in relation to all standards and performance
Efficient and effective service delivery for up to 20 patients daily in the full range of Marie Stopes services
- Monitoring and providing appropriate clinical care (medical and surgical – anaesthesia) to patients in the hospital wards and in outpatient clinics;
- Admitting patients requiring special care followed by investigations and treatment;
- Examining and talking to patients to diagnose their medical conditions;
- Carrying out specific procedures, e.g. performing operations and specialist investigations;
- Making notes and preparing paperwork, both as a legal record of treatment and for the benefit of other healthcare professionals
- Liaising with other medical and non-medical staff in the hospital to ensure quality treatment;
- Based on client history, examination, lab test reports and findings and above all client needs, prescribe appropriate drugs
- Perform appropriate procedures (including Intravenous Therapy, Norplant, IUD insertion, Pap smear, MVA procedure and VCT).
- Ensure responsible follow up and treatment of complications. Avoid polypharmacy or any practice that may bring MSK into disrepute.
- Follow the Kenyan Clinical Guidelines for appropriate management of most conditions and illnesses.
- Refer complex clients to the medical officer for Management.
- Conduct follow ups and reports all complications in writing within or before the end of current duty.
- Maintain confidentiality at all levels
- Provide comprehensive client counselling on reproductive health, contraceptive options and other services.
- Ensure all clients are treated with sensitivity, respect, and consideration. If complaints are raised, to be able to effectively manage and resolve them and to promptly refer to the Team Leader if the client complaint continues or is of a serious magnitude.
- Implement a smooth, efficient client flow to minimise client waiting times.
- Monitor and evaluate client care continuously and recommend improvements as necessary.
- Provide accurate information to clients, and their families where required, to enable clients to make informed decision about their reproductive & sexual health.
Management and accurate documentation of all services rendered
- Accurate client records are maintained in both the client record book and daily register.
- All client information is kept confidential at all times and stored appropriately.
- Accurate and timely collation of activity data for internal and external reporting purposes.
- Analyse activity trends and ensure performance targets are achieved, pro-actively identifying and implementing opportunities for improvements.
- Assist in the collection of client feedback data
- Refer clients promptly when needed.
Effective participation and support of the centre team both in quality assurance and promotional activities
- Overall quality inputs into service delivery points. Includes running full out-patient clinic and provision of surgical procedures as needed.
- Proper use of medical equipment and supplies and for notifying the Centre Manager of repairs, maintenance or replacements of equipment and instruments.
- Ensure that the highest standards of reproductive health and general clinical services (including HIV/AIDS services) are achieved, as laid down in the Marie Stopes Partnership Manual.
- In collaboration with the Centre Manager and Medical Officer, ensure that the centre complies with MSK policies and protocols for vocal local, infection prevention and emergency preparedness (including resuscitation).
- Report all major and minor incidents within 24 hours
- Support Promotional Activities
- When workload allows actively promote the work of the centre in order to generate demand for the services, eg educational and awareness-raising events
- Positively promote Marie Stopes Kenya as a leading, quality provider of reproductive & sexual health services
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery with a higher diploma in Anaesthesia.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience.
- Registered by the Kenya Clinical Officers Council and in possession a valid practice license.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Computer literacy, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Practising knowledge of Sexual Reproductive Health an advantage
- Proven clinical experience and demonstrable commitment to learn and develop skills
- High regard for confidentiality and demonstrable integrity
- Excellent communicator – both written and spoken
- Commitment to excellent client care and the delivery of client-focused services.
- High level of attention to detail
- High level of professionalism and management of clients
- Team player who accepts constructive criticism and is comfortable with giving constructive criticism.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to work flexibly to meet service needs
How to apply
Suitable and qualified candidates should email one document combining an application letter and CV to [email protected] on or before October 22, 2020. The subject of the email should read Registered Clinical Officer Anesthetist Do not attach certificates and testimonials. Marie Stopes Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and does not ask for fees at any stage of the recruitment process. Successful candidates must abide by MSI’s Antifraud & Bribery Policy and Safeguarding Policy, including protection of children and vulnerable adults.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.