Andela is on a mission to empower the next generation of technology leaders across the globe, beginning in Nairobi, Kenya, and Lagos, Nigeria.
In the past two years, we have recruited over 300 developers, based in our Lagos, Nigeria and Nairobi, Kenya headquarters, who work as full-time engineers for leading technology companies including Google and Microsoft.
We’ve contributed over 6,000 hours to 214 open source projects, participated in some of the world’s most competitive hackathons, and even helped educate Mark Zuckerberg himself on African technology ecosystems.
Andela Nairobi is seeking an experienced marketing and communications professional to broadcast our vision and achievements to the world.
Based in Nairobi, the Marketing & Communications Manager will be responsible for shaping and executing on a multi-faceted marketing strategy that drives business growth, supporting marketing initiatives that recruit the most talented developers in Africa, and build Andela’s brand as an elite engineering organization.
Roles for the Communications Manager Job
- Lead the Andela Nairobi Marketing & Communications team in planning and executing a number of strategic initiatives across PR, field marketing and digital marketing to bolster Andela’s presence in Nairobi
- Own all Nairobi press relationships, working closely with Nairobi leadership and the global Andela Marketing organization to secure high-quality media coverage
- Build a scalable marketing program across digital and in-person touch points, designed to significantly bolster the number of Fellowship applications
- Support the Nairobi Country Director in driving engagement among the Andela Fellows through a variety of employee communications initiatives
- Serve as the Nairobi liaison to the global Andela Marketing organization, ensuring all Nairobi marketing initiatives are aligned with the company’s core messaging and brand identity
Communications Manager Job Requirements
- 5 years minimum experience in communication/ marketing / public relations, technology preferable
- Strong existing relationships with key business and technology press
- Excellent written & verbal communicator
- Creative and critical thinker with an ability to craft narratives
Deep understanding of social media platforms
Being a good person; we have a “no jerk” policy at Andela
How to Apply
Apply here for the Communications Manager Jobs
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.