Communications Manager Job at Amsol
Our client is a corporate body established under the Competition Act, No. 12 of 2010 (the Act). The client’s mandate is to enforce the Act with the objective of enhancing the welfare of the people of Kenya by promoting and protecting effective competition in markets and preventing misleading market conduct throughout Kenya.
On behalf of the client, we seek to recruit highly experienced, highly competent, motivated and self-driven individual with excellent credentials and strategic minds to competitively fill the above aforementioned position.
Communications Manager Job Responsibilities
Planning and implementation
- Identify and mitigate communications challenges and risks which could impact on the CAK’s reputation, briefing the DG and management team as appropriate;
- Develop a joined up approach and consistency of communications across CAK, with oversight and professional leadership of all communications activity and improved planning and prioritization of communications and marketing efforts and resources;
- Develop a strong internal communications policy that will support employee communication, in conjunction with HR and other functions;
- Develop and implement the Authority’ communication strategies to engage external stakeholders;
- In conjunction with other functions develop a consistent internal and external corporate brand;
- Develop communications key messages and talking points and manage the implementation across all communications programs (marketing, PR, IR, internal etc);
- Assist with strategic communication requirements for executive team, including presentation development, interview talking points and speech writing. Assist in preparation of pre-production material for development of video documentaries and infomercials;
- Establish corporate and digital media communications strategy; and
Spearhead the publication of CAK newsletters and other publication materials.
- Responsible for identifying and building relationships with new and existing editors, reporters, producers, bloggers and tech analysts to increase media coverage;
- Drive editorial story planning, writing and pitching to both domestic and international press, including all necessary reporter follow-up efforts (fact-finding, quote development/approval, executive interview coordination, etc.) Uncover and exploit exposure opportunities with key media outlets;
- Proactively seek and manage strategic executive visibility opportunities and enhance the Authority’s visibility through thought leadership;
- Works with Advocacy team to identify key media opportunities with top tier media, economic and trade publications and analysts; and
- Establish a stakeholder management strategy, taking account of political and media agendas.
- Build internal capacity for effective communication;
- Conduct daily media monitoring and reporting;
- Develop and manage the Authority’s media library;
- Develop work plans and budgets for the Communication department for approval;
- Oversee the execution of the approved departmental work plans and budgets;
- Oversee performance management in the department;
- Prepare and submit all monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the department;
- Identify training needs for the departmental staff;
- Spearhead the recruitment of staff within the department;
- Participate in the development of the CAK strategic plan;
- Mentor and coach departmental staff; and
- Participate in committees as appropriate.
Qualifications for the Communications Manager Job
- Bachelors degree in Public Relations, Communications, Law or any other related field;
- Post graduate diploma in Public Relations, Journalism or Communications;
- Membership to PRSK;
- Proficiency in ICT, and;
- Masters degree in business related fields/Social Sciences will be an added advantage.
- At least twelve (12) years’ experience in a similar position in a reputable organization, with at least 3 years at a supervisory level;
- Diverse experience in public relations, communication and events planning;
- Knowledge of content development; and
- Experience in preparation and edition of presentations.
Skills and Competences
- Decision making skills;
- Ability to interpret long term plans, programs and budgets developed senior management level;
- Interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Project management skills;
- Ability to develop plans, programs, SOPS, and coordination of workflows
- Creativity; and
- Strategic management Skills.
How to Apply
Applicants should download, fill and submit the employment application form which is located at our website www.amsol.co.ke/job/manager-communications-and-external-relations/
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.