Medical Officer Job, Kenyan Medical Job Vacancies,
The Academic Model Providing Access To Health Care (AMPATH) is a project under the auspices of Moi University School of Medicine, Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital (MTRH) and Consortium of North American Universities whose aim is to provide sustainable efforts in access to health care and to conduct Reseach and Training. AMPATH also supports the Ministry of Health in ten (10) Counties of Western Kenya,Nyanza and NorthRift Region.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for the following vacant position under MUCRC-SANOFI Study to be based at Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital (MTRH) – AMPATH
POSITION: Medical Officer (1 POSITION )
GRADE: RS 12
SITE: AMPATH, MTRH
Reporting to the site leader, the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing all patient care related aspects of the study including supervision of the study nurse, clinical officer and phlebotomist. He or she will be responsible for the daily running of the clinic and serve as the clinical advisor.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Examining and managing enrolled study participants.
- Prescribing study drugs as recommended in the research protocol as well as any other drugs for the elevation of the patient’s present medical condition.
- Educating and counselling patients and family members on adherence to drugs and other issues surrounding care for HIV patients.
- Scheduling return appointments and tracking follow-ups.
- Assessing Psychological needs of patients.
- Ensuring proper recording of patient’s clinical data and maintenance of documentation of all study procedures.
- Developing and implementing education programs for patients, care providers, families and other groups or agencies as required.
- Working with the other team members to check the quality and ensure continued quality of research records and source documents.
- Ensuring collection of study specimens as per study protocol, by overseeing subject referral to the research laboratory and working to ensure comfort and safety of the patient.
- Notifying of the Principal Investigator or the Investigators of the management of patients with complications.
- Maintaining professional conduct and promoting a high standard of clinical care in the project.
- Any other duties as assigned by the PI or Coordinator.
- Must have Bachelors of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.Ch.B) from an Institution recognized by the Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board.
- Must have Completed one (1) year internship
- Must have Registration certificate by the Medical Practitioners and Dentist Council
- Must have valid practising license from Medical Practitioners and Dentist Council
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Research experience preferably in Clinical trials.
- Should have one year post-internship clinical experience
- Excellent communication skills both in writing and speaking English and Kiswahili
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Extremely reliable.
- Flexible and non-judgmental.
- Fulfilled the requirements of chapter six (6) of the Constitution of the Republic of Kenya, 2010.
Terms of Employment
The successful candidate will be employed on a contract terms, beginning with a three-month probation. Candidates who meet these requirements and are interested should submit their applications, copies of their certificates together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, and addressed to:
AMPATH EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, RESEARCH,
AMPATH CENTRE (BASEMENT FLOOR ROOM BOO4)
P.O BOX 4606-30100
Applications material clearly labelled “Application for employment as Medical Officer – must be sent so as to be received at the AMPATH Human Resource office, AMPATH Centre Basement Floor Room B004 not later than 27th August, 2021.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.