Restaurant Kitchen & Service Supervisor Job, Hotel Job Vacancies In Kenya,
Our client a high end restaurant with a fast paced environment is currently looking to hire a Kitchen & Service Supervisor.
- Leading by example in the supervision and training of your team of Line Cooks and Servers and to assist as needed. It is your duty to motivate, upskill and supervise the team to produce and serve great meals and spot talent for future company positions
- Follow checklists for branch operations and ensure Junior team do the same (spot check tasks)
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback or discipline where appropriate to improve productivity
- To record absence and arrange replacements for team members who are not on duty.
- Conduct daily briefings with staff regarding changes, messages from Directors, to outline expectations and branch performance
- To ensure that customers receive their orders in a timely manner and are communicated to about the status
- Accurately monitor food stock and place orders
- Check freshness of food and discard out-of-date items
- Experiment with recipes and suggest new menu additions
- Coordinate daily Front of the House operations (assign zones, ensure steps of service and hygiene practices are followed by team)
- Ensure that the service team deliver superior service and maximize customer satisfaction (presentation, availability of servers, accuracy of orders placed, upselling skills etc.)
- Respond efficiently to customer complaints, resolve to satisfaction and escalate or seek advice those that you cannot handle
- Manage restaurant’s good image and suggest ways to improve it
- Create detailed reports on weekly, monthly and annual revenues and expenses
- Meet deadlines as given by the Restaurant Manager & Business Partner
- Promote the brand in the local community through word-of-mouth and recommend ways to reach a broader audience
- Engage with City Council, Media, potential suppliers and customers in a professional manner
- At least 3 years of experience working in a restaurant supervision team before as a Kitchen & Service Supervisor
- Previous direct experience of managing teams and developing/ guiding the work performance of others
- Proven work experience as a Chef or Cook in a professional kitchen
- Hands-on experience with various kitchen equipment (e.g. grillers and fryers)
- Advanced knowledge of culinary techniques
- Knowledge of health, safety and hygiene practices and their application
- Willingness to tackle issues with staff as and when they arise and no fear of disciplining subordinates
- Ability to interpret financial information.
- Good knowledge of use of MS packages (Word, Excel) and POS systems
- Resilient personality and ability to use feedback towards own development Knowledge of Food Safety is a must
How to Apply
Please send your CV to [email protected]
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.