Executive Assistant Job, Administration Kenya Jobs 2022,
Chartered in 1983, Aga Khan University (AKU, www.aku.edu) is a private, autonomous and self-governing international university, with 13 teaching sites in 6 countries over three continents. An integral part of the Aga Khan Development Network (www.akdn.org), AKU provides higher education in multiple health science and social science disciplines, carries out research pertinent primarily to low- and middle-income countries and operates 7 hospitals (soon 8) and over 325 outreach clinics, all at international standards. It has almost 2,500 students and 14,000 staff. The University is both a model of academic excellence and an agent of social change.
As a leading international institution dedicated to excellence and change, AKU operates on the core principles of quality, relevance, impact and access. The Medical College has 4-year Master of Medicine degrees in anaesthesia, family medicine, medicine, obstetrics & gynaecology, paediatrics, pathology, radiology, and surgery.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the position of Executive Assistant in the Office of the Provost based in Nairobi, Kenya. The position holder will report to the Provost, Aga Khan University.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing executive secretarial support to the Provost and facilitating key administrative aspects of the Provost’s role. This includes planning and coordinating the Provost’s calendar, arranging all meetings, as well as facilitating these meetings when need be. She/he is responsible for day-to-day communications and oversees communications between the Provost and internal staff of the University and from time to time, external contacts. The Executive Assistant will also coordinate all travel, accommodation and transport arrangements for the Provost.
- Organizing meetings chaired by the Provost – sending out notices and other related meeting documents.
- Managing internal and external communications in and out of the Provost’s office.
- Take initiative, where appropriate, to respond to e-mails that need not involve the Provost, but in consultation and under the guidance of the Provost.
- Ensures clear communication from the Provost to other university officers to ensure coordinated and responsive operation of the university
- Responsible for coordinating all travel and accommodation logistics, both local and international, for the Provost while working closely with the procurement department or AKU approved travel representatives.
- Prepare trip files and ensure all documents related to the trip are filed.
- Create and maintain all files in the Provost’s office, in soft copy and hard copy.
- Effectively plan and schedule appointments in the Provost’s calendar, while ensuring important appointments/engagements are not missed out.
- Prepare a daily program folder containing documents related to meetings taking place each day.
- Coordinate meetings and events that involve the Provost or other senior administrators
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business/Office Administration, Management, Communications, or equivalent)
- Diploma in secretarial studies is an asset
- Computer literacy is mandatory with experience of applicable software programs
- At least 5 years work experience, preferably in a senior secretarial role in an institution of higher education
- Experience with executive, administrative, and high-level communication
- Evidence of strong executive knowledge, including the ability to maintain absolute discretion and strictest confidentiality
- Experience working in international settings, especially in developing countries, with individuals from a variety of backgrounds
- Demonstrated success in managing and working with people in complex organizations
- Excellence in written and verbal communications in English
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to prioritize and organize work
- Ability to work long hours with minimal supervision, has initiative and is proactive
- Professional grooming and self-presentation
How to Apply
Apply for the job here
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.